observations from Eagles-Bucs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My take:
    1. Injuries are killing them. They are really missing Alshon's presence on the outside. Not sure what happened to Peters. I have never heard what was going on.
    2. Scheme. So much off coverage. Are they trying to hide Mill's lack of speed. Too Late. Move Jones outside and Mills inside. But Darby is playing soft coverage as well. I just don't get it.
    3. Foles. He was better but against a team missing BOTH starting DBs he didn't take advantage at all. He locked onto guys and was late with a few throws.
    4. Running game misses a battering ram. Bring Adams up or bring back Blount. Detroit should be having a fire sale in 3...2...1....
    5. Funny things these guys are very resilient. They didn't pack it in even down 20 in the 2nd half in brutal weather conditions.
    6. Man do Eagles fans travel well. Sure makes it tougher to not battle to the very end in what is suppose to be a hostile environment.

Comment

Don't stress too much about the defense. New Orleans had a decent one last year and got lit up for 48 at home. I don't see anybody running away with the NFC. Only TB and LA are 2-0. There is a ton of parity this year. KC blew up the whole league last September and ended up backing into the playoffs. Carson comes back this week and if we can split our next 2 until he gets back into the swing of things we should do pretty well.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        Don't stress too much about the defense. New Orleans had a decent one last year and got lit up for 48 at home. I don't see anybody running away with the NFC. Only TB and LA are 2-0. There is a ton of parity this year. KC blew up the whole league last September and ended up backing into the playoffs. Carson comes back this week and if we can split our next 2 until he gets back into the swing of things we should do pretty well.
        IF he doesn't get killed first....... The O Line needs to get better and that will help the running game ... But we need competent wr's.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          IF he doesn't get killed first....... The O Line needs to get better and that will help the running game ... But we need competent wr's.
          Without those we will be seeing 8 in the box. Other than Aggie, who scares anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
            Without those we will be seeing 8 in the box. Other than Aggie, who scares anyone?
            Maybe we should move Nick to wr.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              Maybe we should move Nick to wr.
              What’s his reception %? 100%?

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                Taz, while you make some good points, I still lay some blame on Dougie.
                When they finally did get it going they still played like they were down by 3 not 13. I kept yelling at the tv, "cmon, move it", "you need time, put a little more hustle on each snap" ....... Might of had a shot at the end...... Had the ball, needed 6 for W...... We were moving the ball.....if we had 2 minutes instead of seconds might have pulled it out. Again everyone could see that the D was not what we expected... And they get the lions share of the blame,,,,,,,, but with a couple more minutes STILL coulda won.
                Whenever you lose there is plenty of blame to go around. Let’s also say if Mills doesn’t hold and Tampa goes three and out instead of getting the first they would have had about 2 minutes or so for the offense.

With so many injuries on offense I imagine Doug was Trying it’s just tough. I will say I would not have ran three straight times before the Agholor TD, I might have passed on second down. That would have saved 25 seconds or so
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                  Whenever you lose there is plenty of blame to go around. Let’s also say if Mills doesn’t hold and Tampa goes three and out instead of getting the first they would have had about 2 minutes or so for the offense.

With so many injuries on offense I imagine Doug was Trying it’s just tough. I will say I would not have ran three straight times before the Agholor TD, I might have passed on second down. That would have saved 25 seconds or so
                  Of course if this or that doesn't or does happen...... On every play. But this was a big picture decisions that coaches get paid for. Just an aspect that I noticed and thought could have been handled differently. Of course this pass gets caught or that passed gets dropped or if the RB breaks this tackle or that tackle.

Comment

Working...
                  X