Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things looking up

35 runs in 2 days is nice.

Pete Happy & Jenkins are starting to earn their keep and Howard is heating up like we all hoped he would.

The Mets look bad, the Braves are so-so & the Marlins have to come back to the pack at some point.

This team screams for the deadline deal of a starting pitcher - don't they?

Outman (aside from his last outing) looks like a decent candidate for the 2nd LH out of the bullpen and Carrasco & Happ are making their cases for a spot in the rotation.

If you haven't been keeping an eye on catcher Lou Marson at Reading - you should. He could land a spot in Philly before the year is out. He's always been a decent defensive player and his line at Reading is:

Still 21 - .345/.462/.460/.923

also Greg Golson & Jason Donald are keeping expectations high.

Re: Things looking up

I would rather see someone from the system come up, because if they strike a deal we will lose more of our future players. Myers needs to grab his nutsack and man up. If he comes back the first 4 in the rotation are decent to average+.Is one of the youngsters the 2008 version of Kendrick ?
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman
      I would rather see someone from the system come up, because if they strike a deal we will lose more of our future players. Myers needs to grab his nutsack and man up. If he comes back the first 4 in the rotation are decent to average+.Is one of the youngsters the 2008 version of Kendrick ?
      Actually - they are talking about Antonio Bastardo (who was promoted from Clearwater to Reading this year) as the Kendrick of '08. His #'s are pretty fantastic.

Happ has had some bad luck being on one of the worst teams in minor league ball while Carrasco arguably needs more time but has pitched terrific at times this year.

Comment

Concur on the outlook, the big explosion of runs the last couple of days can get contagious among hitters and pitchers may give that little extra to keep up with the hitters. Here's hoping.

"This team screams for the deadline deal of a starting pitcher - don't they?"
        I agree but I am not sure who they deal to get one.

If you haven't been keeping an eye on catcher Lou Marson at Reading - you should. He could land a spot in Philly before the year is out.
        Who's spot do you see him taking?
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle`
          If you haven't been keeping an eye on catcher Lou Marson at Reading - you should. He could land a spot in Philly before the year is out.
          How about Carlos Ruiz?! A .624 OPS ain't gonna cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
            Originally posted by NoDakIggle`
            I could live with that. As far as a role player I would hate to see Coste lose a spot. He's definitely given the Phils their money's worth. He toiled on the way up, will never be a star, and probably doesn't have too many years left but the Fargo kid deserves what little he can get. All biases aside.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

[quote=NoDakIggle`]
              Originally posted by stevemc
              Originally posted by "NoDakIggle`":8e4b8
              I could live with that. As far as a role player I would hate to see Coste lose a spot. He's definitely given the Phils their money's worth. He toiled on the way up, will never be a star, and probably doesn't have too many years left but the Fargo kid deserves what little he can get. All biases aside. [/quote:8e4b8]

Absolutely agree. Coste should be getting the lionshare of PT although by his own admission, he can't keep this up day to day. He's better as a platoon and let's have Marson (in a couple of months if he keeps it up) as the compliment.

Comment

Love what this looks right now. We kept in striking distance till June - now we're going to open up a can of whup ass on the rest of the division thru the summer.

But we need a bonafide SP to add to the mix. We won't win jack in the playoffs without it.
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Another impressive win last night. They jump out to a 7-0 lead and get a very quality 7.1 innings out of Kendrick.

Comment

i'm generally pleased with the development of key talent in the minors that may be packaged in a midseason deal for a good starter, should one be available.

Not saying any one of these guys should be dealt, but Greg Golson, Bastardo, Marson, Outman, Carrasco, Cardenas, Drew Naylor, Michael Taylor and others have played very well so far. Other guys like Andrew Carpenter and Joe Savery have not been as good out of the gate, but are still pretty well regarded.

There's some pretty good talent on the way.
                    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Very exciting indeed!

However, this team needs another Cole Hamels, not a Kyle Kendrick, if it's going to make it to the WS. So, a trade may be necessary. But I don't want them to give up the farm for a three month rental. Has to be a guy with a few years on a contract.
                      www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Another good win last night. Utley's homer was pretty majestic.

By the way - Lou Marson with another 2 hit night at Reading

Comment

and the hits just keep on coming. Nice win.

By the way - Marson with another 2 hits last night and Golson/Donald go back to back.

Reading loses though with a so-so effort from Carrasco

Comment

This is why I was rooting for the Marlins to beat the Mets.

The Marlins will fold over time. We want the mets to be buried asap.

Comment

Golson and Marson with 3 hits apiece yesterday. Reading got clobbered but Marson is now up to .356

Comment

Working...
                              X