Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you expecting at the trade deadline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you expecting at the trade deadline?

I know its a ways away, but wanted to drum up some conversation

Does anyone think the position in the standings will dictate the type of player the Phillies go after? If any? - personally, I don't think so, they can be 1G up; or 2GB or have a 10 game lead, I really don't see them blowing up the farm for a rental.

I think we will pick up another "Kyle Lohse" type for our stretch run. I'm okay with this, for every Lohse in Philadelphia(decent job) there was a Gagne in Boston(implosion).

Given the state of our farm system, I would really like to hold on to our young pitchers for another season.

Re: What are you expecting at the trade deadline?

Dave Montgomery on 950 AM said they would add a "rent a player" if the team was in the proper position. It's the first time I've heard this kind of talk. It actually stemmed from a question in regards to Sabathia of all people. It's actually the perfect storm for it as Gillick is almost out the door and can go for it to add to his legacy. With all that said - we'll probably add Paul Byrd although I have a glimmer of hope for Derek Lowe.

Comment

Re: What are you expecting at the trade deadline?

I'm predicting another starting pitcher. Oh did I mention he will either have injury concerns and/or past his prime?
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
      X