Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• same old sixers!

Iverson is playing this perfectly.

He didn't take many shots last night and we watched brick after brick from the assorted "stars" we have on the team. Igoudala was on fire in the first half then fizzled out like he normally does.

Pretty soon AI will be jacking up 35 shots and people will shrug because they've seen everyone else building a house.

He could take every half court shot for all I care as long as he is willing to pass on the break.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

It's the same old sixers because even though they were playing well in the first half you knew they were not going to win.

I also developed a new drinking game where you take a shot everytime Elton Brand pump fakes.

Did anyone hear a rumor that Iggy asked the Sixers to introduce him last to show that it is still his team?

Comment

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post
        It's the same old sixers because even though they were playing well in the first half you knew they were not going to win.

I also developed a new drinking game where you take a shot everytime Elton Brand pump fakes.

Did anyone hear a rumor that Iggy asked the Sixers to introduce him last to show that it is still his team?

I heard Ed Stefanski insisted on it.

Which is stupid.

Comment

Heard a caller on WIP the other day suggest that this team would have been better off sticking with BK in charge. It's an interesting theory cause Stefanski has been terrible.
          www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga View Post
            Heard a caller on WIP the other day suggest that this team would have been better off sticking with BK in charge. It's an interesting theory cause Stefanski has been terrible.
            Both would have been disastrous.

If we survive the Mayan calendar apocalypse of 2012, 2013 will be a nice starting point for Philly sports.

The phillies excepted of course.

Comment

I can't yet look at this team and declare that Stefanski has been a disaster. Certainly the Brand signing has been a huge disappointment so far and with the Iguodala signing could prove to be an anvil that drags this team to the bottom of the league for a few more years.

But the drafting continues to be good. Billy King took Thad Young as he was headed out the door and Stefanski has followed with Speights and Holiday. These are terrific young players.

Once they get rid of some of the dead weight in Dalembert, Green, Iguodala, etc., they should turn into a good team. Speights, Young and Holiday are going to be very, very good. They have to keep adding pieces.
              Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post

Once they get rid of some of the dead weight in Dalembert, Green, Iguodala, etc., they should turn into a good team. Speights, Young and Holiday are going to be very, very good. They have to keep adding pieces.
                When's that gonna be? 2014?

Stefanski compounded the Sammy albatross with the Igoudala albatross and the Brand Albatross.

If we continue to give max contracts to people who can't shoot, especially in the clutch, we are doomed.

Did you see Iggy's final shot against detroit? Wide open by 6 feet in all directions. Missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                  When's that gonna be? 2014?

Stefanski compounded the Sammy albatross with the Igoudala albatross and the Brand Albatross.

If we continue to give max contracts to people who can't shoot, especially in the clutch, we are doomed.

Did you see Iggy's final shot against detroit? Wide open by 6 feet in all directions. Missed it.

Oh, it won't be this year. They are a mess.

I think they can get rid of Dalembert and Iguodala pretty quickly. Dalembert hopefully during the season and Iggy hopefully in the offseason. Iguodala is not terribly overpaid, I think you can find a market for him as long as he's going to a team where there is already an established go-to guy.

That leaves Brand and his remaining three years. I still have some hope that he can be reasonably effective for another couple of years. But who knows? I bet he gets better now with Iverson opening up defenses with some dribble penetration.

I think they can move forward as an organization with only one major albatross contract. Then they can work on defending three pointers and learning how to play in the halfcourt.
                  Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Working...
                  X