• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pronger out for season

that was unexpected (at least by me)

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
    that was unexpected (at least by me)
    Not me. I thought he was done and my friends were telling me to shut up. I wish I had been wrong.

On a happier note the Fly guys win their 7th straight!!
    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

It's a shame. I hope he's able to come back. It will be interesting to see what they do as the trade deadline draws closer. I believe Pronger going out clears a lot of cap room for them.

Comment

last night while I was somewhere between awake and asleep I heard someone mention that Pronger is in Keith Primeau territory
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

A real damn shame for the Flyers. I hope Pronger is able to recover his health over time, as much for his future well-being as for any contribution he can make to the club going forward.

They've received unexpectedly strong contributions from Marc-Andre Bourdon and Erik Gustaffson on defense, and I would expect that they will continue to move forward with these guys as their bottom-two pairing once Gustaffson gets back.

Lilja would be the 7th guy and Marshall, who has not impressed me apart from his dancing skills on 24/7, should go back to the Adirondacks.

The question is whether the Flyers will make a run at Shea Weber, the only guy on the market who could conceivably replace Pronger long-term as the No. 1 defenseman on this club. Weber will be an RFA after the season and has not signed a new deal with Nashvillle.

Nashville needs scoring desperately (they are strong in net and on defense) and they have a history of dealing with the Flyers. So it would make sense that the Flyers would make a run at Weber, maybe at the deadline.

Nashville doesn't need Bobrovsky, so that's a big trading chip the Flyers have that Nashville would have no interest in. Some of the speculation I've seen involves a potential package around Braydon Schenn or JVR (but not both), or something that might involve a combo of Voracek and Matt Read, plus something like a high pick.

JVR has not had a great year so far -- I think his abdominal injury is slowing him right now -- and Flyers fans might be more inclined to package him instead of Voracek/Read, who are both playing important roles. But that would be risky -- when JVR is going, he is really dynamite, as he showed against the Bruins last year.

Schenn is another interesting case. Extremely talented, slowed by injuries this year so far, but a guy the organization has big plans for.
          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Working...
          X