Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iverson Latest (Golden State and Boston) - 12/12/06 (9:45am)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iverson Latest (Golden State and Boston) - 12/12/06 (9:45am)

Seems they are the leaders:

BOSTON
    Celts reportedly offering 4 players in a bid to acquire 76ers' Iverson

01:00 AM EST on Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The word is that the Celtics have made a bid to the Philadelphia 76ers for Allen Iverson, offering Theo Ratliff, Al Jefferson, Delonte West and Sebastian Telfair.

The 76ers, in turn, will take all of the bids from the many teams interested in Iverson and make their decision today.

The 76ers are said to be interested in both salary-cap relief and young players, with Ratliff -- whose contract expires after the 2008 season -- as the cap relief. They coveted both Jefferson and West last summer when the Celtics expressed an interest in Iverson, and also have expressed interest in Ryan Gomes. One scenario is they do not have an interest in Gerald Green, as they already have young players who play Green's position.

Another scenario?

The Celtics have told the Sixers that Green is not available, and might also get away with not having West in the trade, throwing in a draft choice instead.

These things can change, however, and the word is there is some reluctance on the Celtics' part to move Jefferson, who a year ago was featured on the cover of their media guide and has been billed as one of the faces of the franchise. It's no secret that Danny Ainge spent a part of last summer trying to lure Iverson to Boston, a wish that hasn't gone away.

Stay tuned.

-- BILL REYNOLDS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GOLDEN STATE

Golden State The A.I. Favorites Amongst 10 Teams?
    12th December, 2006 - 8:38 am

Boston Globe -

According to a league source, Golden State is the front-runner for Allen Iverson, offering a package that would include guard Baron Davis and a couple of young players - including young star Monta Ellis.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Get a #1 pick in what is shaping up to be the deepest draft in years!

Comment

I agree. BK would be stupid not to get a #1 pick.

That said - Monta Ellis and/or Al Jefferson/Delonte West are nice young pieces that could make me live w/o that pick.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I want a #1 pick from whomever we trade. Just get me one young player, 1 salary cap relief guy, and a #1 pick, and we will be set.

Comment

I can almost guarantee we don't get a #1. Because of the circumstances, it's a buyers market. Iverson isn't the missing piece to anyone. The only team that needed him desperately was Charlotte and he nixed that deal.

Comment

He didn't nix that deal. One reporter blindly claimed he nixed a deal.

BTW - If people don't want to pony up. Then put him on suspended with pay list and just wait. Just like Indiana with Artest.

Screw the rest of the league and screw IVERSON.
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
            X