Some thoughts on the Saints loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDFAN
    When I see screw ups, on a one on one basis, consistently as I have this year, I blame the players almost 100% of the time.

The coaches didn't run into Wynn and cause a muff (and it wasn't poor coaching) and give away 7 points.

The coaches didn't bite on that first move Horn made and gave up another 7 points to tie the game. (it wasn't poor coaching)
    Then either change the players or change the scheme to take advantage of your players strengths. Coaching is not done in a vacuum either.
    www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga
      Originally posted by MDFAN
      When I see screw ups, on a one on one basis, consistently as I have this year, I blame the players almost 100% of the time.

The coaches didn't run into Wynn and cause a muff (and it wasn't poor coaching) and give away 7 points.

The coaches didn't bite on that first move Horn made and gave up another 7 points to tie the game. (it wasn't poor coaching)
      Then either change the players or change the scheme to take advantage of your players strengths. Coaching is not done in a vacuum either.
      Um, yeah right,,, coaching isn't done (shouldn't have be anyhow) during the game either.

You wanna tell me that you think JJ and the D coaches teach M. Lewis to bite on that play?

Or that they haven't coached Gaither before on what packages he is in on and when he isn't?

You think Harbaugh hasn't coached the ST including Moats to avoid getting too close to the punt returner?

Don't make excuses for failing players byt trying to say that the coaches failed.

Perfect example was the Dullass game and Lewis (again) letting Glenn get behind him... you think that was a coaching error?

Comment

Good post as always. Thanks JRJ.

Comment

Great job JRJ and MD. I agree that it was afew mistakes that SHOULD NOT be happening that cost us the game.

I'm not worried, because the same coaches that screwed up, are the same coaches that took soem gawd awful teams to the NFCCG four straight years.
          Pedro

Comment

Working...
          X