Starters playing a half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starters playing a half

Why does that make me more nervous this year?

I suppose that's what I get for posting a useless post

so I sez to myself, self......the starters playing the whole first half against Pittsburgh on the road in a meaningless game in the first pre-season with the new toned down practice rules?

nothing could go wrong, right?

James Harrison and Polamalu playing in their first PS game is nothing to worry about, right?

NO INJURIES PLEASE!

Comment

I won't leave ya hangin' Dawk.

I always worry about injuries in pre-season games, particularly in THIS season when we all sort of feel like we are loaded for bear,,,,if we can get thru relatively healthy. Much risk, little reward.

Still, I cant wait for tomorrow night. It's Eagle football.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I found myself holding my breath after every play.

Every Eagle that made a tackle I was hoping they would pop back up.

I like the starters playing the first half - maybe they will figure out how to play against a 3-4 defense

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
          nothing could go wrong, right?

Not with King Dunlap protecting Vick's blind side, nope. Can't think of anything.

Comment

Yeah I'm worried about injuries too. It's been pouring rain here all morning and I find myself wondering if it's been raining like this in Pittsburgh for the last 24 hours. if it has I want the 3rd/4th line out there and everyone else on the team watching the game from their hotel rooms!!

EDIT: OK My curiosity got the best of me so I did a weatherunderground.com check --- it hasn't rained in Pittsburgh since Monday (only 3/10 of an inch then) so the field should be in good shape tonight. At least that should help avoid injuries tonight.
            Last edited by Jukin; 08-18-2011, 09:34 AM.
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

wait, I thought it was always sunny in Philadelphia

and thanks for joining my somewhat useless thread. I worry about this shit every year and have no idea why I feel the need to post about it.

Comment

Working...
              X