Very Interesting Comments From Jaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Interesting Comments From Jaws

I got this from the Eagles Message Board and Jaws says the same thing we have been saying since Reid became head coach. We all know how much film Jaws watches and most people trust him so if a guy that knows game film and knows what the QB should do on every play and where to throw it says this then what does it say about Reid? This is a complete slap in the face to Reid and the FO and I completely agree with Jaws. This is what was written below.

Jaws was on the NFL network today and he said that Mcnabb is still "the right guy and will get better lets not forget he is coming of an ACL injury". Then he got real interesting when he said that to get to win games you can have okay WR's but to win the big games and to put your offense over the top you need that bonafide superstar wr who can open things up for everyone else. So Jaws said it wasn't all Mcnabb's fault and again we hear abouth the WR corp. When will the FO wake up even with Kolb starting he will dink and donk because with the way this line is playing he can not run around for 60 seconds like Mcnabb did and does to wait for seperation.

Re: Very Interesting Comments From Jaws

I can recall being at games and watching Owens run routes and teams sending half the field to his side and the other receivers running around free. It was an interesting/interesting lesson for me.

That said - who was the #1 dominant WR for the following Super Champs?

2001 - Baltimore Ravens - Qadry Ismail - 49
    2002 - New England Patriots - Troy Brown - 101
    2003 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Keyshawn Johnson - 76
    2004 - New England Patriots (2) - Deion Branch - 57
    2005 - New England Patriots (3) - David Givens - 56
    2006 - Pittsburgh Steelers (5) - Hines Ward - 69

Thanks Jaws but it appears those teams one 6 consecutive Super Bowls without a legitimate #1 Receiver.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
      I can recall being at games and watching Owens run routes and teams sending half the field to his side and the other receivers running around free. It was an interesting/interesting lesson for me.

That said - who was the #1 dominant WR for the following Super Champs?

2001 - Baltimore Ravens - Qadry Ismail - 49
      2002 - New England Patriots - Troy Brown - 101
      2003 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Keyshawn Johnson - 76
      2004 - New England Patriots (2) - Deion Branch - 57
      2005 - New England Patriots (3) - David Givens - 56
      2006 - Pittsburgh Steelers (5) - Hines Ward - 69

Thanks Jaws but it appears those teams one 6 consecutive Super Bowls without a legitimate #1 Receiver.
      I would say Hines Ward, Keyshawn, and Branch were legitimate #1 receivers, just not superstars. I thought Reggie Brown was going to be that type of guy. But Curtis is not the guy to have opposite him. You need a Todd Pinkston type guy who can get 40 yards down the field and out jump the DB to make this offense click. Plus you need to run the ball and get back to creative playcalling like in 2002 and 2003.

If you want to run the offense as it has been run the last 3 years, you absolutely need a superstar receiver and a pretty good second wr as well as a good TE and a Westbrook.
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

But all those teams had really good defenses. Something else we don't have. So what they lacked in a big time, #1 WR, they made up for it with a solid defense.
        Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

Originally posted by Theo
          But all those teams had really good defenses. Something else we don't have. So what they lacked in a big time, #1 WR, they made up for it with a solid defense.
          * That's really my point. Defense / Running Game and great line play wins Championships. With those in place - McNabb wins.
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

You have to remember one thing. Jaws is a quarterback, who felt sometimes in Philadelphia, he was dealt with unfairly. He has been trained to blame anyone OTHER than the QB. If you listen to his broadcasts on ESPN, he often points out how the receiver did this or that and never blames the QB for throwing the ball. Jaws also has waffled on his opinion. A couple weeks ago he starting to say that Donovan wasn't playing well or seeing the field, but now he seems to have reverted to his previous opinion. Greg Cosell, Brian Baldinger, and many other media people see Mcnabb missing open receivers and not letting go of the ball, not to mention a lack of accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnabbmcnow
              You have to remember one thing. Jaws is a quarterback, who felt sometimes in Philadelphia, he was dealt with unfairly. He has been trained to blame anyone OTHER than the QB. If you listen to his broadcasts on ESPN, he often points out how the receiver did this or that and never blames the QB for throwing the ball. Jaws also has waffled on his opinion. A couple weeks ago he starting to say that Donovan wasn't playing well or seeing the field, but now he seems to have reverted to his previous opinion. Greg Cosell, Brian Baldinger, and many other media people see Mcnabb missing open receivers and not letting go of the ball, not to mention a lack of accuracy.
              I agree 100%. The receivers are getting open. The only thing I can't blame Mcnabb for is Reggie Brown dropping so many damn balls. Curtis has some damn good hands but Brown needs to use some glue.

I stopped listening to Jaws when he picked the Eagles to beat the Bucs and the Bucs to beat the Eagles in the NFCCG. In Philly he picked the Iggs while picking the Bucs when he went back to Tampa. Talk about waffling.
              FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by mcnabbmcnow
                Jaws = great football mind, one of the best analysts in the game.

Baldinger= complete and utter moron. I counted at least 20 outright flubs in the last game that he did (I believe vs. Minny).
                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                X