X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PE.COM - Howard Eskin Reporting

Originally posted by ekravitz
    Gargano just came on and said no Fitzgerald or Samuel

Well there you have it, Cuz! Gargano speaks!
    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

actually, let me rephrase, he said Samuel was a slight possibility but no to Fitzgerald. he said Walker was more likely

Comment

Gargano has about as much insight as Mark Eckel. None.

I'll listen to Eskin.

Javon Walker would piss me off.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

LET ME JUST SAY THAT I CANNOT FOCUS TODAY IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM AT WORK.

THIS IS LIKE XMAS EVE AND IT IS KILLING ME.

I'M PRETTY SURE WE ARE GOING TO DO SOMETHING AND I JUST CAN'T WAIT UNTIL 12:01 BECAUSE ALL THIS SPECULATION CAN END AND WE CAN ACTUALLY MAKE A MOVE.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

actually, let me rephrase, he said Samuel was a slight possibility but no to Fitzgerald. he said Walker was more likely

That would absolutely suck.

I'm with VFK, I'm not down with losing Lito for Samuel plus a boatload of cash. No thanks, 'll just keep Lito.

I also have no interest in Walker, except maybe on the cheap as another BODY. Not as any sort of "fix" for the WR group.

Sucks all around, I'll pass.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Cross Andre Davis off the list.

TEXANS KEEP DAVIS

Receiver Andre Davis has reached an agreement to remain with the Houston Texans.

Per John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, the agreement was reached on Thursday after two days of negotiation.

Terms of the deal are not yet available.
              Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH

That would absolutely suck.

I'm with VFK, I'm not down with losing Lito for Samuel plus a boatload of cash. No thanks, 'll just keep Lito.

I also have no interest in Walker, except maybe on the cheap as another BODY. Not as any sort of "fix" for the WR group.

Sucks all around, I'll pass.
                Fresh ... assume here (ok, maybe assuming anything is a big mistake) that the eagles will sign the top free agent at either corner or WR. Which are the Eagles more likely to pursue? Moss or Samuels? Clearly, there is no chance for Moss.,

Would you rather keep Lito, but only be able to get Stalworth or Berrian? ... or would you rather trade Lito for Fitz and sign Samuels? Clearly there are many other possibilities here, but in this hypothetical, I can understand why trading Lito would be ok IF we can get a stud at WR. You keep Lito and you're only looking at Stalworth or Berrian (and probably throwing some decent coin for Berrian at that).

With the expanding salary cap, I don't really care how much they would spend on Samuels...I think Banner could make it work. I think the Eagles have more upside if they move some pieces around...

Comment

If it's part of landing Fitz, Williams or Jackson, I can deal with losing Lito. But not if the WR we are targeting is Walker, I'd just pass and stick with what we've got. I'd also rather use the money it would cost to get Samuels to keep Lito, plus add a 3rd corner.

Clear as mud??????
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Samuel doesn't fill a need unless you trade Lito. Which is why(unless Lito's ankles are in worse shape then we know)makes no sense. The Eagles have other more pressing needs IMO. DE, nickel CB, S and WR are all bigger needs over a new #1 CB.

I don't mind losing Lito and signing Samuel IF it leads to something else(kind of what FRESH is saying). But if it doesn't, no thanks.
                    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Does anyone know just how much Lito doesn't like his contract? Or just what the birds medical staff thinks of his injuries? I don't either but I have little doubt Andy & Co are factoring all of these things in. As I have said I believe they have good but not great players. I am all for some shuffling of an 8-8 team if the FO believes they are making major strides to improve.
                      As someone said earlier in the thread and I posted in another thread I like Hanson more than most and, while not my first choice for nickel, I can see the birds using him and a rook or other low cost FA with Samuels and Brown.
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Sorry, but if Hanson is our nickel, we are in bad shape there. I like the guy, but he is not good enough IMO for that role. He is fine as a dime.

I agree with AW. I want this to happen now! Let's roll!
                        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                        X