Latest mock draft with friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest mock draft with friends

So yesterday we did a 5 round mock. Interesting how things worked out for the Eagles. Trading was allowed (we go by the trade value chart, all picks for the following year assume round value behind the round, so in other words if you trade a round 3 pick it takes the same spot in round 4 for value). Here is how things went

21. Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma - I really think this is the biggest need on this team. However I am not so sure the Eagles are going in this direction. Pettigrew is a complete tight end. Don't let the 40 time fool you, this guy has quickness, runs great routes, has soft hands and is an excellent blocker.

28. Trade - Sent this pick to Jacksonville for 39, 72 and a 3rd rounder in 2010.

39. LeSean McCoy Rb Pitt - I would have taken him at 28, but at 28 no running backs had been taken, I have 4 backs that I like so I took a chance one would be there. Wells and Moreno were off the board.

50 - Trade - Brian Robiskie Wr Ohio State - Traded Reggie Brown 72 and 145 - I was not looking to make a move here but when this was offered I took the opportunity to take Robiskie, who is a big reciever who runs great routes and has a very good pettigree. He could very well be this years DeSean Jackson, he is a polished reciever the thing is his upside is not as good as the Nicks, Crabtree's etc that is why he is there at 50

53. Emmanuel Cook FS/SS South Carolina - 5ft 10 4.50 speed safety who can play either position. He is also a kick returner, which means if Demps is your starting free safety he could take over the Kick off duties. Kid has a ton of upside. This is not a deep safety draft, so it would not surprise me if in reality he is gone by this point

85. AQ Shipley OC Penn State - After striking out once again trying to get a center on the free agent market (Jason Brown) the Eagles finally say enough is enough and take a guy in Shipley who will start at some point in year two. Really strong athletic center, who in most years would not be here but this is an unusally deep center draft.

117 James Davis RB Clemson - The Eagles need two running backs, Davis is a bigger back who is really good in short yardage situations. I had a hard time with this pick there were four or five guys l liked but I went running back.

131 (f Cleveland) Cornelius Ingram TE Florida - Athletic tight end who didn't play last year, not a blocker, a pass catcher, had a decent combine but not enough to seperate him from other Tight Ends in this years draft. He falls to here and will replace Schobel as the third tight end.

149 Mike Reilly QB Central Washington - Good size and arm strength, developmental 3rd stringer who will eventually be Kolbs backup

Overall I am pleased with this weeks draft. Heavy offense but I expect that, there is simply not alot of openings on the defensive side of the ball sans safety (which I did draft one, and I expect another safety to be brought in via free agency)
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

I've heard McCoy might be another Moats. Talented but dumb as a box of rocks. That doesn't fit well with an AR offense.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I like the fact that Robiskie has the bloodline. You have to learn a lot when your dad is in the business
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
        I've heard McCoy might be another Moats. Talented but dumb as a box of rocks. That doesn't fit well with an AR offense.
        Hadn't heard that he was dumb, interested in where you saw that, it could change my opinion which is based almost solely on his on field performance

I wouldn't compare McCoy to Moats either, Moats was a really small back, 5ft 8 190lbs if he was lucky, McCoy is 5ft 11 210 and is solid, he can run inside or outside and because he is bigger than Moats I don't think he will get run over in pass protection

Comment

Re: McCoy, from PFW Pre-Draft Annual Magazine-(paraphrased)

"Upside: Shifty, nose for end zone, played in pro-style system, soft hands for catching...

Downside: Lacks power, Seen as arrogant and rubs some people the wrong way, intelligence and character need to be evaluated which could affect his value..."

"...idolizes Reggie Bush. May be stronger between the tackles than Reggie Bush but not as fast..."

Comment

Re: Robiskie, from the same magazine-

"...Well-polished route runner, does not waste movement. Knows game inside and out. Great hands, work ethic..."

"Lacks top-end speed. Not elusive..."

"Has smarts, work ethic to develop into solid possession rvcr..."

Comment

Take "Robiskie" out of the text above and insert "Avant". Seem like the same player based on that review.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                Take "Robiskie" out of the text above and insert "Avant". Seem like the same player based on that review.
                While typing Robiskie's scouting report I thought the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                  It would be ok with me to insert Robiske and take out GLew.
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I don't go by what the Magazines say, I learned a while ago that most of those people are wrong most of the time, I just rely on my own eyes and make my opinions from there. Its better that way and for the most part I do just as good if not better than they do.

As far as Robiskie goes, he is 3 inches taller than Avant. He might not have the timed speed but the guy looks quick. I think Robiskie will be a much better pro than Avant who by the way I like

Comment

On the basis of a strong combine performance, I don't think Ingram will be there at #131.
                      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
                        On the basis of a strong combine performance, I don't think Ingram will be there at #131.
                        Gotta agree,this guy has some skills. I think Shippley will slip a bit further though.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                          So yesterday we did a 5 round mock. Interesting how things worked out for the Eagles. Trading was allowed (we go by the trade value chart, all picks for the following year assume round value behind the round, so in other words if you trade a round 3 pick it takes the same spot in round 4 for value). Here is how things went

21. Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma - I really think this is the biggest need on this team. However I am not so sure the Eagles are going in this direction. Pettigrew is a complete tight end. Don't let the 40 time fool you, this guy has quickness, runs great routes, has soft hands and is an excellent blocker.

28. Trade - Sent this pick to Jacksonville for 39, 72 and a 3rd rounder in 2010.

39. LeSean McCoy Rb Pitt - I would have taken him at 28, but at 28 no running backs had been taken, I have 4 backs that I like so I took a chance one would be there. Wells and Moreno were off the board.

50 - Trade - Brian Robiskie Wr Ohio State - Traded Reggie Brown 72 and 145 - I was not looking to make a move here but when this was offered I took the opportunity to take Robiskie, who is a big reciever who runs great routes and has a very good pettigree. He could very well be this years DeSean Jackson, he is a polished reciever the thing is his upside is not as good as the Nicks, Crabtree's etc that is why he is there at 50

53. Emmanuel Cook FS/SS South Carolina - 5ft 10 4.50 speed safety who can play either position. He is also a kick returner, which means if Demps is your starting free safety he could take over the Kick off duties. Kid has a ton of upside. This is not a deep safety draft, so it would not surprise me if in reality he is gone by this point

85. AQ Shipley OC Penn State - After striking out once again trying to get a center on the free agent market (Jason Brown) the Eagles finally say enough is enough and take a guy in Shipley who will start at some point in year two. Really strong athletic center, who in most years would not be here but this is an unusally deep center draft.

117 James Davis RB Clemson - The Eagles need two running backs, Davis is a bigger back who is really good in short yardage situations. I had a hard time with this pick there were four or five guys l liked but I went running back.

131 (f Cleveland) Cornelius Ingram TE Florida - Athletic tight end who didn't play last year, not a blocker, a pass catcher, had a decent combine but not enough to seperate him from other Tight Ends in this years draft. He falls to here and will replace Schobel as the third tight end.

149 Mike Reilly QB Central Washington - Good size and arm strength, developmental 3rd stringer who will eventually be Kolbs backup

Overall I am pleased with this weeks draft. Heavy offense but I expect that, there is simply not alot of openings on the defensive side of the ball sans safety (which I did draft one, and I expect another safety to be brought in via free agency)
                          * How come - even mock drafts trade my damn first round picks. Damnit. Just pick first rounders !!!!
                          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                          Playoff Appearances:
                          NFC Title Games:
                          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
                          X