Cry me a River Wooten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cry me a River Wooten

You are out of shape and pathetic. Maybe you should show one ounce of effort and clue at the plate and in the field to prove your lip service.

Wooten update

Former Angels utility man Shawn Wooten signed with the Phillies as their backup corner infielder in part because third baseman David Bell missed most of last season with back and hip injuries and Jim Thome had a career laced with back problems.

So when he, instead of sixth outfielder Jason Michaels, was demoted to Triple A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Thursday to help alleviate a pitching logjam, Wooten was disappointed to say the least. And that was before Bell missed the last three games with a hip injury.

"It was one of the reasons I left Anaheim...To get out of the shadow of being a utility player," Wooten, in his fourth major league season, told the Scranton Times. "To be honest, what I thought would have happened in Anaheim happened here. If you said to me earlier in the year what would end up happening here, I'd have been shocked."

Wooten, also the Phils' third catcher, batted .350 as a pinch-hitter last season. But thanks partly to an early-season elbow injury, he was 1-for-8 in those situations for the Phillies and 7-for-39 overall.

"I've been a .300 hitter off the bench. To send me down after 30 at-bats, it's very disappointing," Wooten said. "To me, it almost feels like everything I ever worked for since signing with the Angels was taken away from me."
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:
Working...
X