Top 3 needs on the team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 3 needs on the team

Right now I keep looking at this roster and keep saying we all thought it was deep at the beginning of the year, but right now it is proving otherwise.

1. CB and not just another Craig James type, we need a legit NFL CB at both spots. I don't believe that Darby or Mills is that. Ironically I think we have three pretty good slot corners in Maddox, LeBlanc and Scandrick. None of them can play outside and LeBlanc won't be available for 2 more weeks at a minimum. We really need two outside corners. We may be able to get one here in the next couple of weeks but two is going to be damn near impossible.

2. WR - Boy how this has changed since the preseason. Everyone was excited about our Top 3 is a top 10 unit in football and even our 4th and 5th guys are good. Well we have one legit NFL receiver right now, that is Jeffrey. Agholor is way too inconsistent. Hollins has one catch in three games and dropped another TD yesterday (yes it would have been a nice catch but 6ft 4 receivers have to make that catch period). We should be able to pick up a competent WR at the trade deadline for not a tone of trade capital

3. LB - Looking at the way Minnesota LB play they really make up for any deficiencies both on the line and in the secondary. They take away the outlet pass and they stop the run. We really haven't had a great linebacker in this town since Trotter. We need to get a stud in there. That won't happen at the trade deadline.

This season is reminding me some of the Phillies season. Lots of injuries in one spot so the depth is challenged. Other areas where you thought you were good who-fully under performing.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Agree with that list. But, I still like our WR core if DJ can return ASAP.

When we were ranking players of importance in the offseason, I had DJ as my #2. Without him, we have no speed to keep the D honest. Please let him return this week and remain healthy the rest of the season.

This team could be much more healthy in the next month or so. Unfortunately, it could be too late if we end up 3-5.

Comment

Top 3 needs???? --- Offense, Defense and ST's upgrades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Is it just me, or outside of the lowly Jets, have they given up a scoring drive every time they've deferred after winning the coin toss? Might want to take the ball there Doug.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
          Is it just me, or outside of the lowly Jets, have they given up a scoring drive every time they've deferred after winning the coin toss? Might want to take the ball there Doug.
          or how about not giving up 10 or 14 or 17 points every freakin 1st Q?

Comment

CB, Edge rusher.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

This would be a pretty funny thread if it weren't true!
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                This would be a pretty funny thread if it weren't true!
                QFT. Although I don't think things are as bad as fans tend to make them out.
                We went into the season knowing our LBs are just guys-- nothing special-- so I will say that needs an upgrade.
                And our CB depth is tested just as much as last year BECAUSE we rely on people that have been and continue to be injured. I, nor anyone else I believe, thought that would happen again this year. So I will say that is a need.
                Should have drafted a WR last year with a skill set similar to Jeffre…..oh wait we did; we just don't know where he is. I really thought Ag was going to have a good year but he regressed and is disappointing. Jeffrey looks sooooo slow and has dropped more than expected. Not sure what is up with that. Hollins is what Hollins is- pedestrian. And of course an injury. Jackson coming back will make a HUGE difference IMO. But I agree Jeffrey, Ag and Hollins are all worthy of saying goodbye to next year and see what we can find to replace them.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

1. Team speed. They need fast DBs, WRs and LBs.
                  2. More youth. Time to move on Peters, Sproles, and maybe Jenkins.
                  3. Change coordinators. Doug can call plays but get some guys to help design and implement game plans. Duce and Groh have to go. Schwartz we have beat that drum enough

Comment

Working...
                  X