No announcement yet.

Shawn Andrews, best OG in the NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the while Young, Justice, Gilles and don't discount this one...Cole, are biding their time and learning that big, smart and tuff are what it will take to break into this lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Dutchman
      All the while Young, Justice, Gilles and don't discount this one...Cole, are biding their time and learning that big, smart and tuff are what it will take to break into this lineup.
      Man it's nice to have depth on the O-Line, isn't it? :P

Comment

I wish we had so much talent and depth on the D LINE. I thought we did at one point....
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
          I wish we had so much talent and depth on the D LINE. I thought we did at one point....
          No shit! On paper it looked like we were loaded. I guess that's why they don't play games on paper. That, and the fact that the players cleats would rip right through a paper field... :P

Comment

"So i'm guessing that the move of Herremans to OG is going to be permanent? I remember a lot of speculation that he'd eventually move out to OT. The way he's playing on the inside though, i don't think i'd mess w/ that chemistry. "

Yeah, I can remember the posts about how terrible he moves his feet and he plays too upright.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
              Yeah, I can remember the posts about how terrible he moves his feet and he plays too upright.
              There was a lot of talk about how tall he was. I always defer to Reid and Castillo on matters of the O-Line, they've earned that respect. Reid's an old O-lineman himself, i'm sure he can spot talent there better than most.

Comment

SOT - remember how impressed we were with Herremans in his rookie campaign out at Lehigh? He was the starting LT in place of Thomas who was sitting out with his blood clot issue. I think Herremans could play either T or G.

Comment

Yep, he was a nice draft pick for sure. I'm sure if he had to make room for Gilles at some point he could handle the move to OT.

Comment

Our OL is deep, talented and mostly young, although when Runyan and Tra hang 'em up the depth will obviously decrease. Todd then probably moves to RT, Jean-Gilles to LG and Justice takes over at LT, although a lot can change between now and then. The mere fact that we can anticipate both tackles moving on with good replacements is a testament to FO's planning.

I don't think the DL will be a problem area. Kearse makes a huge difference and hopefully he'll be back. Ramsey will be a presence next year, and Bunkley has obvious tools. Gotta get the rotation thing going again the way we did early in the year b/c Patterson is too small to play every down but his quickness is valuable in a rotation. McDougle is gone, I think.

This team, imo, is not far off from being a real contender. A player or two can make a big diffrence. Look what Will Peterson and the improvement of Hanson have done for the pass D (although our inability to stop the run has helped pass D numbers). Similarly Gaither has helped the run D tremendously. Need a young safety and a LB or two on D; on offense, re-sign Stallworth, get a solid back (TJ Duckett?) and some more depth players ... and let's roll.

I am enjoying this ride b/c always fun rooting for the underdogs, and this team has finally shown execution and heart in the last few weeks. But the team is very young and still has some missing pieces ... till next year.
                    Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                    Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

flyered, i don't see Runyan moving on anytime soon. I think he plays two more seasons after this one, and at a pretty high level.

Comment

All you have to do is watch the reruns of the Vagiants game and see Runyan have one of the best games of his life. He definitely has some milage left. Maybe its these young bulldozers next to him, maybe its Marty turning the OL loose for a change but either way the man looks positively rejuvenated.

Comment

My opinion of Herremans hasn't changed. The Giants played an odd front and left him uncovered most of the game. He still plays slow and high and would make a horrible OT in space. He did a nice job on dpub;e teams with Patterson, and he was able to screen LBs on running plays. When the Giants did cover him, it was with a stiff that I swear has no business in the NFL. He did a nice job of pulling on those traps to Buckhalter. The Giant DT did take himself out of the plays by himself though. The Birds ran more traps Sunday than they have all season including on the goal line for their first TD!! Maybe that's MM's influence.
                          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                          X