Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious if anyone is upset

2007 Draft - Anthony Spencer

2008 Draft - Felix Jones there and Eagles trade down ( which I believe got Jason Peters, correct)

Do you chalk this up to hit and miss on any draft or is there cause to be outraged?

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post

2008 Draft - Felix Jones there and Eagles trade down ( which I believe got Jason Peters, correct)

Do you chalk this up to hit and miss on any draft or is there cause to be outraged?
    Felix Jones went in 2008? Wow. I thought he got drafted earlier than that. That's the year the eagles traded the 1st Rd pick to Carolina. I thought the Eagles might take a look at him, but don't know if they had a need for him back then. hindsight is truly 20/20.

Comment

Spencer I don't care about and Felix Jones would be wasted here.

I am more outraged at how Reid keeps trying to shove square pegs into round holes here.
      FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
        Spencer I don't care about and Felix Jones would be wasted here.

I am more outraged at how Reid keeps trying to shove square pegs into round holes here.
        I think I understand what you mean. and I'd agree. For the sake of clarification though, can you cite examples?

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
          I think I understand what you mean. and I'd agree. For the sake of clarification though, can you cite examples?
          Like making McNabb a WCO type of QB when it's pretty obvious that it doesn't play to his strengths. Simoneau at MLB. Trying to make Thrash a legit #1. The musical chairs at LB. Anybody please feel free to add more.
          FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Josh Parry / Dan Klecko / Tony Hunt

Comment

Re: McNabb. That's what I thought you were alluding to. He came from a freeze-option offense in college, correct? I do think that he was the best choice out of all of the QB's in his class. Hindsight would also bear that out. Maybe Reid's scheme might have been altered more to suit his strengths but that is water under the bridge, eleven years past. where do they go from here? This years' draft looms. I don't know if FA will be as big a factor with the uncertain CBA situation.

Comment

YES, Parry, forgot all about him. Matt McCoy.

Anyone notice that Dhani Jones has played well since leaving here?
                FRESH > cancer

Comment

Does it not seem at times that the FO "closes the barn door after the horses get out" in regards to plugging holes in roster depth? I understand that this is not unique to the Eagles. Its just that it draws my attention when it happens to them.

Comment

Does it not seem at times that the FO "closes the barn door after the horses get out" in regards to plugging holes in roster depth? I understand that this is not unique to the Eagles. Its just that it draws my attention when it happens to them.
                    but that wasn't roster depth - they wanted them to be starters - I think thats a difference

also - I dont understand what you quoted

Comment

Re: McNabb. That's what I thought you were alluding to. He came from a freeze-option offense in college, correct? I do think that he was the best choice out of all of the QB's in his class. Hindsight would also bear that out. Maybe Reid's scheme might have been altered more to suit his strengths but that is water under the bridge, eleven years past. where do they go from here? This years' draft looms. I don't know if FA will be as big a factor with the uncertain CBA situation.
                      I agree with you. Which is why I don't blame McNabb totally for what happened in his time here. No doubt that he was the best choice the Eagles could have made. If we ran the WCO like Denver did I think this team would have won a SB or two.

Hell Weis admitted after the SB that if the Eagles would have ran more they would have won that game. He didn't just come out and say that but you could read between the lines. Not having a good rushing attack cost us that game.

IMO McNabb can still be successful and lead a team to a SB but just not this one. He needs to go to a team that has a run first philosophy and doesn't depend on their QB to be Superman.
                      FRESH > cancer

Comment

anthony spencer is really more of a 3-4 OLB so not sure he really fits with what we do. felix jones would've been nice but honestly running back is about the easiest position to find talent in the draft
                        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Most of the offensive linemen are plowhorses who are shifted to the kickstep backpedal role. How happy do you think Peters is ? An offensive linemans entire makeup is to drive block and punish the opponent,here they never get the chance to prove their manhood,here they are dancers.These linemen were in their glory early in the year when they were out front of the toss sweep and plowing over guys downfield.McNabb is not Manning ,he can not disect a defense, he needs help,he needs some freaking play action to go downfield. Playaction is only effective with a running game.Hell, MJG would be a good lineman in a running offense.
                          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

RE: OL. That too has some truth to it, musicman. Belaboring the obvious and paraphrasing your statement, the efficacy of play-action is greatly enhanced by a good running attack. And the OL should also be allowed to impose their will on the opponent through run-blocking, and not just react to the aggression of the defense.

Comment

I chalk this up to somebody who really did not look at what the Eagles GOT with those trades

The Eagles got Kolb who everybody wants to replace McNabb and Stewart Bradley who was sorely missed last night for Spencer. The Eagles CLEARLY won that trade.

Who would you rather have Felix Jones or DeSean Jackson/Jason Peters/Mike McGlynn and Quentin Demps
                              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
                              X