Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Randy Moss released?

nfl

Breaking: NFL's Michael Lombardi reports that Vikings release Randy Moss.. More to come on NFl.com
    less than a minute ago via TweetDeck
    C'mon weasel or ferret....get it done.

The Eagles - unfortunately - don't need a WR. We are fine. If he can play interior o-line or corner - bring him in.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Just saw it on ESPN bottom line. It would be funny if NE would resign him plus get the draft picks from Minny.

Comment

probably will end up a Redskin

Comment

I have $500 that says that the Patriots resign him. That’s such a BeliDick move – trade for the guy and only give up a 4th rounder in the prime of his career. Then trade him a few years later for a 3rd rounder and then resign him two weeks after wards when he’s cut…..
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

remember all those years ago how hopping mad a lot of Eagles fans got that the Birds drafted Tra Thomas instead of Moss?
            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

one can only hope the ax drops on Favre next. I hate Moss to the point I refuse to draft him in FF.He is the President of the POS community IMO.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-dumping-moss/

Per PFT, Moss berated the food and caterers brought in by the team. It was a mom-and-pop type local business. He made comments to the effect (paraphrasing): "What is this crap? I wouldn't feed it to my dog. I used to eat stuff like this, but now I have money." The team staff, teammates present, the catering staff were all embarassed.

Excerpt:
                "...Though Randy's bizarre post-game press conference on Sunday was likely the catalyst for change, Silver reports that "Moss had alienated some of his teammates with his brash, entitled behavior, most glaringly in an incident that occurred in the team's locker room last Friday afternoon."

Moss, per Silver, berated workers from a local restaurant that catered the team's Friday afternoon meal.

"What the [expletive]?" Moss reportedly said. "Who ordered this crap? I wouldn't feed this to my dog!"

Here's how an eyewitness explained the situation to Silver: "It was brutal. The truth is, he deserved to be cut after that. It was such an uncomfortable moment. You know that feeling where you just can tell someone feels so small? That's what it was like being there.

"This wasn't a chain - it was a mom-and-pop restaurant, and you could tell it was their best stuff. They had a special carving station set up, and there were players and other support staff lining up to eat it. And [Moss] is at his locker saying, 'You know, I used to have to eat that crap -- but now I've got money.' You just felt so sad for them. I had never seen anyone treated like that.

"And by the way, the food was actually really good..."

Comment

Sorry to hijack the thread...if Childress is next out the door, does Andy hire him in the offseason?

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                    Sorry to hijack the thread...if Childress is next out the door, does Andy hire him in the offseason?

Only if he can handle the defense. With Marty here as "Assisting Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator" I'm not sure what Childress would do.
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                      Only if he can handle the defense. With Marty here as "Assisting Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator" I'm not sure what Childress would do.
                      True.

Comment

As much as Childress is being criticized, Moss is obviously QUITE AN ASS.

Still Chilly's fault for not knowing what he was bargaining for, but I don't blame him at this point for kicking Moss to the curb.
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I lost any respect I had for Childress as a result of his vomit inducing fawning behavior toward Favre.

He now makes me think of someone who can't swim that has been thrown into the deep mend of the pool. He's thrashing about helplessly but will eventually go down.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                            I lost any respect I had for Childress as a result of his vomit inducing fawning behavior toward Favre.

He now makes me think of someone who can't swim that has been thrown into the deep mend of the pool. He's thrashing about helplessly but will eventually go down.
                            I don't think Childress has much of a choice. I don't think he runs things in Minnesota.
                            FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                              I don't think Childress has much of a choice. I don't think he runs things in Minnesota.
                              Do you think someone made him pick the asshole up at the airport last year. Was he forced to allow the asshole to have limitless exceptions to team rules/requirements. He certainly appears to have had the authority to cut Moss without consulting others.

But if he really was just a powerless pawn doing the bidding of others, he should have been man enough to walk. Now he'll just be the scapegoat that is discarded because the grand strategy went all to hell.

Comment

Working...
                              X