Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HUGE WIN: Felt like Old Times Again (Thoughts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You want negativity? Okay here it is:

3rd and goal from the 1 and they pa.... I mean they ran the ball. Nope not there.
    4th and goal they go for it and they pa.... nope run again over the top. Nothing negative there.
    Run defense gives up 100+ yards nope under 90 damn where the hell is the negative???
    Okay I got it. I hate the fukin Giants !! How is that for negative!!!
    I miss Philly!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY

NOTE: I'm kidding. I think we do the improbable. Don't know why - I just do.
      All I want for Christmas is a Eagles win!

Comment

I like the way Marty is mixing it up and mixing in some new looks and mis-direction. Keep it going and keep the opponent guessing.
        www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Sorry, BP, but this is flat out nonsense IMO...

"Jeff Garcia commands more respect and enthusiasm than Donovan McNabb and that excites and scares me."

He is playing really well and the team has rallied to get back into the race for the playoffs...but McNabb is very highly respected on this team and there is NO way 3 games by Garcia erases or eclipses that...

Also, I have no idea what you are bashing Akers/Johnson for...the long snapper sure made some bad snaps, but Johnson got them down and gave Akers a chance...Akers missed the 45+ FG, but did get the extra point that was really badly snapped...
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Aparently BP sees the players responding one way to Jeff, and VFK sees it differently. Funny how perceptions vary, huh?

Personally, what I see isn't so much the response of the players to Jeff, but the antics of Jeff towards his teammates! Jeff is not reluctant to yell at his offense mates, cheering them on, or shewing them out. to a much greater extent than McNabb does. This MIGHT be part of what BP is seeing. Jeff's animation and vocal actions, which don't SEEM to be poorly received by his teammates. (Although Trotter could have probably done without the kiss, LOL!)
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
              Aparently BP sees the players responding one way to Jeff, and VFK sees it differently. Funny how perceptions vary, huh?

Personally, what I see isn't so much the response of the players to Jeff, but the antics of Jeff towards his teammates! Jeff is not reluctant to yell at his offense mates, cheering them on, or shewing them out. to a much greater extent than McNabb does. This MIGHT be part of what BP is seeing. Jeff's animation and vocal actions, which don't SEEM to be poorly received by his teammates. (Although Trotter could have probably done without the kiss, LOL!)
              Not true..I love how Garcia is playing and how the team has rallied together and is playing well...

BP said Garcia "commands more respect and enthusiam" than McNabb...I just do not agree at all with that statement...anyone who has seen 4th and 26 or 14 seconds or the march to the SB or the Chicago playoff game or the 2004 NFCC game or the myriad of other highlights over the last 5 years would know this team loves McNabb and has rallied behind and with him many many many times...

3 games Garcia has played very very well and the team is clicking right now...I knew they had the talent and once they started executing better things would turn...they have and it has....but that does not mean by any stretch of imagination IMO that Garcia "commands more respect or enthusiasm" that McNabb...no way.

I think what Vin said is closer to the truth and perhaps what BP really meant...I think that some FANS respond more to Garcia than McNabb...they see McNabb as somehow "unlikable", less "emotional" and a 'company man" while Garcia is the underdog, the backup no one thought could carry the load, the older player many thought might have seen his best days years ago...instead he has thrived and the coaches and players have picked up slack and together this team is clicking...it is a beautiful thing.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I'm saying that Garcia more likely DEMANDS that respect, not that he COMMANDS it.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by eaglefan55
                  "Akers/Johnson/Long Snapper all suck this year. Sorry but they can't freaking kick FG's anymore. It's really bad."

Amen to this, we should pick up vanderjagt before the cowboys game and give him a shot at vengance, If Akers can't kick because Koy isn't here then something needs to be done, This is very irritating
                  Akers deserves (at the very least) to be cut a little slack, considering how he's performed over the years. The Fox announcers mentioned yesterday that Akers has never performed really well at the Swamp. You'll remember the year the Eagles lost in OT to give the Giants a playoff berth, in 2002, Akers missed a game winning kick at the end......That said I don't feel as confident about Akers as I have in years past

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose
                    - Jeff Garcia commands more respect and enthusiasm than Donovan McNabb and that excites and scares me.

dont agree on this point. the team is rallying around garcia, but that doesnt mean they respect him more than mcnabb.

mcnabb is superman. he is so good the rest of the team just counts on him to bail them out. when he's out, they know they have to step up more.
                    I can't comment on the respect thing, but any talk of Garcia being washed up are obviously premature. he's the prototypical WCO QB, and his strength's mirror McNabb's. He also doesn't take as many sacks as DM, can still get out of the pocket, and can still make all the throws.

For this particular team at this time it's surprising to say that they don't miss McNabb right now.
                    Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

My message was this team has an incredible new passion for the game and emotion/drive/intensity etc. that I didn't see with McNabb this year much. Offensive linemen spiking the ball...Comments like these as well:

"Last year, we were a team divided. We didn't have a hope," Brian Westbrook said. "[Garcia] comes in, he doesn't make many mistakes, he runs this offense, he leads the team, and with him back there, we have a chance of winning, and that's what we need."

"He's feisty," hulking guard Todd Herremans said before pausing to spit on the locker room floor at Giants Stadium last night. "That's why I like playing for him."

"This is his first year. You've got to earn respect with your play," guard Shawn Andrews said. "He's done that. We take pride in protecting him, taking care of him."

* I mean this really speaks volumes about the backing they have for GARCIA. It shows on the field.

Did you see it from the team against Ten? Jax? TB? NO?

Again - the new energy could be:

- Disrespect fueling them
                      - Playoff run now in sight
                      - Garcia's energy and new command

* I don't know. I love it but I don't know. I'm just saying - you can tell me I'm wrong - but the offensive players seem to have so much more attitude and energy with him barking and running around. McNabb seems to be sleepwalking often through periods of the game at times and then his Superman ability gets us hot and we win.

I will always take McNabb over Garcia. Always. Just saying it feels like he's sparked this team and the players on offense look dramatically more enthusiastic and energized with him in there.
                      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                      Playoff Appearances:
                      NFC Title Games:
                      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

To hell with the enthusiasm, the receivers are CATCHING the ball! I believe it was Donte who said that they were working harder and more focused with Garcia in there...something to that effect. That had more to do with the realization that they no longer had McNabb back there who could make plays on his own. You won't see any 14 second scrambles from Garcia.

So, while they MAY be more enthusiastic with Garcia in there, they are certainly more focused and raising thier game. That's what excites, and it's contagious.

Comment

Also, with McNabb out, I think Westy sees the oportunity to be the STAR. He has a bigger share of sptlight now, and even Reid has commented about how he has become more vocal, and taken on a leadership role. Westy is playing his best ball, and having his greatest season. Think about that. ANd think about how with McNabb out, teams are focusing GREATLY on Westy, and they STILL can't stop him. He has been absolutely fantastic. Another guy who has, IMO, raised his game.

Comment

To hell with the enthusiasm, the receivers are CATCHING the ball! I believe it was Donte who said that they were working harder and more focused with Garcia in there...something to that effect. That had more to do with the realization that they no longer had McNabb back there who could make plays on his own. You won't see any 14 second scrambles from Garcia.

So, while they MAY be more enthusiastic with Garcia in there, they are certainly more focused and raising thier game. That's what excites, and it's contagious.
                            What he said!
                            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Also, with McNabb out, I think Westy sees the oportunity to be the STAR. He has a bigger share of sptlight now, and even Reid has commented about how he has become more vocal, and taken on a leadership role. Westy is playing his best ball, and having his greatest season. Think about that. ANd think about how with McNabb out, teams are focusing GREATLY on Westy, and they STILL can't stop him. He has been absolutely fantastic. Another guy who has, IMO, raised his game.
                              And what HE said! Wait, same guy...
                              "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                              — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                              - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I'm saying that Garcia more likely DEMANDS that respect, not that he COMMANDS it.
                                Sorry, but I do not buy that either...3 games is not enough to wash away 5+ years of success and respect IMO...again I love Garcia and what he has done so far, but McNabb is the leader of this team and has led them to heights way beyond what Garcia has done...even Garcia himself knows he is the backup and if McNabb was healthy he would be standing with a clipboard on the sidelines...

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X