Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your thoughts on Monday?

Thoughts for Monday's game?

I'd gladly trade a win over Dallas this week, if it meant a win over Dallas in the playoffs a few weeks from now. Of course, it'd be even better if we could beat them three times in one year.

Just a little less worried about that defense. It was a great game, but just one game, and it'd be excellent to see them do that again. Maybe our defense has begun to show a pulse, with good efforts against Carolina (bunch of 3 and outs in the first half) and a great effort NY (it was a different game after Tiki's fumble, and I still can't believe we kept them under 100 yards). I think our ball control offense helped our defense too - the Jints couldn't get any long drives, because we were the ones getting the long drives. Give them a steady diet of Westbrook and C-Buck. And then change this up and just burn those safeties with Reggie and Donte.

Some trivia from the Inquirer:
    - Jeff Garcia has a quietly gotten a better passer rating in his first four starts than Tony Romo had in his. Garcia-mania probably isn't going to sweep the country or get a lot of air time on ESPN.
    - Yes, Marty has been calling the plays.
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

My thought is...if the birds score 33 points I win $1024 in my 33 pool! So I am hoping for a huge 33-0 trouncing or any other score with the birds at 33 the girls at less than 33. Of course, I'll take a win at any score...

Nothing would be sweeter than Garcia burning them for all it's worth. Go EAGLES!!!

Comment

I saw a clip of Andy addressing the team in the locker room after the game. he said he was giving them all an early Christmas present "We're here Thursday, we're in Dallas on Monday." It sure sounded like he was telling them they would travel to Dallas on Christmas day so they could spend Christmas morning with their families. That's a damned nice thing but will the early morning present exchange followed by the rush to the airport, flight to Dallas, bus to the stadium in time to warm up take anything out of them for the game? Seems like a hell of a lot of activity and stress before a big game. I can't imagine they're really going to do this. I would have thought they'd leave Sunday night until I heard this clip. Has anyone heard their travel plans?
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin
        I saw a clip of Andy addressing the team in the locker room after the game. he said he was giving them all an early Christmas present "We're here Thursday, we're in Dallas on Monday." It sure sounded like he was telling them they would travel to Dallas on Christmas day so they could spend Christmas morning with their families. That's a damned nice thing but will the early morning present exchange followed by the rush to the airport, flight to Dallas, bus to the stadium in time to warm up take anything out of them for the game? Seems like a hell of a lot of activity and stress before a big game. I can't imagine they're really going to do this. I would have thought they'd leave Sunday night until I heard this clip. Has anyone heard their travel plans?
        * Dude. No chance. He's already commented on the fact that he feels bad but the team won't be with their families on Christmas day. They'll be in Dallas Saturday night.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I had a pretty good feeling vs NY. Still got the same feeling for next Monday. Just seems like things are starting to click and they are just getting hot at the right time. Starting to get some fortunate bounces...compared to some unfortunate ones we had earlier.

I have no doubt we will score on Dallas. We just have to find a way to end this little magic from Romo...although he has leveled off a bit. If we can limit the run and get some pressure on this cocky kid, like we did with the Giants, we have a legit shot.

I think we will score into the 20s....let's just hope the D is up for the challenge again.
          Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

I don't think Romo will rattle as easily as Eli. And I don't think we will have as much sucess getting pressure on him. That's the problem. Add in the fact that we need to have another stellar performance vs the run, and I am a bit queasy about this one.

Boys by 20.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

it's on the defense in this one. Fast track. Accurate QB indoors.

Hold them to 21 or below and we win IMHO. Anything more and who the hell knows.

should be fun

Comment

I can truly see this game going either way.

I can see a Girls blowout based on being home and the revenge factor.

I can see the Eagles, if they play like they did on Sunday, getting a 10 point win.

I can see it coming down to a last second field goal by one side or the other for the win.

I dunno, it's soooooo hard to beat one team twice(as long as both are pretty solid).

If I get this fence any farther up my butt I won't be able to walk, but that is how much this game has me vacillating.

Comment

it's at least a comfortable feeling to know that Garcia and the entire offense is OK with crowd noise

Comment

LOL MD!!!!

Here's the thing. As much as some want to say that we "dismantled" Dallas in the first game, we didn't. We won, lets leave it at that. Dallas is a better team now than the one we faced at that time. Their RBs are becoming a force, and The Statue is no longer at the helm. We will have our hands full, and possibly, our heads handed to us.
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I like Marty's play calling. Look for a few new wrinkles.

Some how, some way, the D needs to get those turnovers.
                      I'm nervous about this one.
                      www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga
                        I like Marty's play calling. Look for a few new wrinkles.

Some how, some way, the D needs to get those turnovers.
                        I'm nervous about this one.
                        I agree it will be whoever wins the turnover battle. We have imporved in that area, but Romo has protected the ball pretty well. Both teams are playing better than the first time they meet.
                        Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Working...
                        X