No announcement yet.

Offical Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know 60, I think he targeted three offensive lineman in round 3 and all went right before his pick. Can't tell me he couldn't have swaped one of those 6th round picks and got up ahead of one of them to get one of his guys. The swing and miss two years in a row on offensive line help especially when you have a medical reject at QB is a major major concern.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

• So in a weird way... I think the Eagles traded Asante Samuel in 2012 for a 2016 3rd round pick, plus a couple years of Bryce Brown along the way. (We originally traded Samuel in a salary dump for Atlanta's 7th round pick, where we drafted Brown.)

Comment

• Originally posted by taz View Post
        I don't know 60, I think he targeted three offensive lineman in round 3 and all went right before his pick. Can't tell me he couldn't have swaped one of those 6th round picks and got up ahead of one of them to get one of his guys. The swing and miss two years in a row on offensive line help especially when you have a medical reject at QB is a major major concern.
        It looks like we grabbed two starters taz for sure. That's not too bad. Mathis isn't going anywhere.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Pliny View Post
          What ?? We just traded our 4th round pick today for the Lions 3rd round pick next year.

Now, we have no picks until the 6th round

Chip must feel like he got his guys already.
          SMH!

This makes perfect sense to me because we have absolutely no other needs this year, especially on the offensive line.

I think I'LL go sit in the garage for an hour or so...with the car running.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            It looks like we grabbed two starters taz for sure. That's not too bad. Mathis isn't going anywhere.
            No doubt and they did read the Rowe situation right. However the best drafting teams do well after the first two rounds. After those two this draft has been a train wreck and the inexperience of Chipper as a GM is really showing. I know this there is going to be at least one probably two inside linebackers on this team who are superior to Hicks cut because of the pick. Meanwhile our offensive line continues to collect AARP benefits. Not to mention if you are playing Rowe at Corner who the hell is the other safety?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              He might have a bit more leverage now

Comment

• Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                He might have a bit more leverage now
                Not really. What is he going to do? Stay home and not get his $5 million this year? Stay out of camp and get fined? The world doesn't come to an end when a guard is a little unhappy. He'll show up.

Comment

• If we had used the third round pick on T. J. Clemmings, OT, Pitt, who fell out of the first round because of a foot injury, I would have been ecstatic. We would have gotten great value and help fill a need. Instead, we drafted to a position where we have a surfeit of players.
                  "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

• Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
                    If we had used the third round pick on T. J. Clemmings, OT, Pitt, who fell out of the first round because of a foot injury, I would have been ecstatic. We would have gotten great value and help fill a need. Instead, we drafted to a position where we have a surfeit of players.
                    Maybe. Even the guy we took instead gets banged up a lot. We're a friekin MASH unit.

Comment

• Tommy Lawler:

Jeff Stoutland coached Kouandjio at Bama so that is something to keep in mind. Gibson played LT for Virginia Tech. He is a terrific athlete, but needs a lot of work. I think he would be an excellent fit for the Eagles offense and he could be on the board in the 6th round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                        What ?? We just traded our 4th round pick today for the Lions 3rd round pick next year.

Now, we have no picks until the 6th round

Chip must feel like he got his guys already.
                        So no 2 next year, but two 3's?

No issues with this draft. I wouldn't have went WR in round 1, but they got a solid prospect and punt returner and i'll take my shot with Rowe over a guys like nate allen and kurt coleman.

I would like to go OL, but didn't quite a few guys get reps last year? Molk, Gardenerer Barbree - now i think they suck, but maybe Chip saw enough that they will be back.

I have no idea who the LB is, but i'll take my shot with him, everyone's sold on Acho and Goode and Braman?

Comment

• As far as the oline goes they could still pick up a veteran or two. In fact That is probably what they will do. At some point though they have to get younger. Sure they like Barbre but he is going to be 30

Comment

• Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post
                            So no 2 next year, but two 3's?

No issues with this draft. I wouldn't have went WR in round 1, but they got a solid prospect and punt returner and i'll take my shot with Rowe over a guys like nate allen and kurt coleman.

I would like to go OL, but didn't quite a few guys get reps last year? Molk, Gardenerer Barbree - now i think they suck, but maybe Chip saw enough that they will be back.

I have no idea who the LB is, but i'll take my shot with him, everyone's sold on Acho and Goode and Braman?
                            I like the first two... seem like solid value at positions of big need.

ILB was definitely a need going into the offseason... but we traded for Alonso. If we keep all of them, sounds like Hicks will probably be #4 at best (behind Ryans, Kendricks, and Alonso). Braman is here for special teams, so maybe if Hicks can be standout there he could take Braman's roster spot, and also be someone you're comfortable with actually playing LB, but... not sure that will happen. Braman was pretty standout on STs. We also signed a FA, and have Goode and Long coming back from injury (though Long may be more an OLB now given our depth there). I don't think Acho has a chance at the roster, and probably not Goode either, who seemed like a decent backup. It just seems like we overcompensated this offseason at ILB when OL is a looming large hole (and OLB may still be an issue).

Trading up for Rowe was probably necessary, but that (and the trade-out in the 4th round) left a pretty big void in this year's draft. They say they wanted more picks as a philosophy but right now they are in line to come out with just six, and half of those 6th round and down. We may be able to fill in with some veteran FAs so we may be OK, but now we need to hope we hit on some late round picks or UDFAs. Could happen.

We never really got to see Barbre last year so who knows. He's not young though. A couple of the other guys were awful at tackle but maybe could be better at guard. But little of their play looked all that promising.

Comment

• Interesting. The Patriots just picked a long snapper in the 5th round... from Navy. He may not be able to play for two years and could still be subject to callup when he does.

The Eagles actually had the guy in for a NovaCare visit. Obviously not the normal LS.

Comment

• Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                                Interesting. The Patriots just picked a long snapper in the 5th round... from Navy. He may not be able to play for two years and could still be subject to callup when he does.

The Eagles actually had the guy in for a NovaCare visit. Obviously not the normal LS.
                                Belichick has always had close ties with Navy, since his father coached there.
                                "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Working...
                                X