Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foles gets new deal

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...with-19-option

Can anyone explain why they did this? Why the 2019 option?
    Is it more or less likely they trade him now?
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Just an atta boy I think.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
      Just an atta boy I think.
      I hope so.
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

It's weird that they gave him an option too I guess. Anyway I don't think that there's a snowball's chance in hell that Carson is ready for the opener and I'll bet that he doesn't start a game until after the bye if at all. If Nick is playing good they aren't going to just sit him at that point.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          It's weird that they gave him an option too I guess. Anyway I don't think that there's a snowball's chance in hell that Carson is ready for the opener and I'll bet that he doesn't start a game until after the bye if at all. If Nick is playing good they aren't going to just sit him at that point.
          That sure isn’t what Carson is saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
            That sure isn’t what Carson is saying.
            I love the kid and hope that he's right but sometimes you have to save young people from themselves.

Comment

I love the kid and hope that he's right but sometimes you have to save young people from themselves.
              I’m sure the medical staff will do just that. Regardless of what Jordan Matthews says.

Comment

Terms aren't there but I wonder if it gives a little cap relief? And, as was alluded to, it might help facilitate a trade rather than him walking next year. From reports it appears the birds FO and Nick have a good relationship with good communication. I still won't be surprised to see him traded at some point
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

It sounds to me like Nick might be our QB for the whole year

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/

Comment

Not sure where you read that. The article I clicked on said it would be far easier to trade Nick with this new deal. I can’t see any way Wentz misses the whole season. Or half the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                      Not sure where you read that. The article I clicked on said it would be far easier to trade Nick with this new deal. I can’t see any way Wentz misses the whole season. Or half the season.
                      It does make it easier to trade him Ross. I get a kick out of all the love being thrown around by the media and everybody else concerning Nick though. First of all, nobody gets rewarded or monetarily thanked for past work in the NFL. Just look at the way Westbrook was paid his whole career and you'll see that. Duce too for that matter. Every player on the team could make a case for a thank you. For what, doing what they're paid to do? This idea that Nick's new contract was some kind of gift for last year's SB run is really shaky IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X