Wali?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wali?

I noticed that Domanick Davis has been placed on the IR so I took a look at their depth chart and noticed that now there is a ROOKIE listed as the starter. He goes by the name of Wali Lundy. I snatched him up in case he does well with the new coach in Houston. I'm interested in hearing what you guys think he will be like this year in Houston even though he's a rookie. How valueable do you see his fantasy value if he were to stay a starter all year long?

-Young
    -Young

The kid is the real deal; I've seen him up close an personal. I played against him and his brothers in high school. If he can get some kind of blocking down in Houston he could be a steal off the waiver wire. He was drafted in the 6th round of draft I was in last night.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

The problem with Wally Lundy is that he plays for Texas. I'd be wary of any skill positions on the houston for FF purposes. Still, a #1RB is a #1RB.

Comment

And the way I'm thinking is that if he's a starting rookie, he's only going to get better. Since I'm in a keeper league, his value could be through the roof(or through the floor). I figure it's a steal either way because I already have LT, Julius Jones, and Fred Taylor.

-Young
        -Young

Comment

Hate to tell you this but Fred Taylor sucks. I have had him for like 5 straight years and he will be hurt soon.

Comment

Well, I believe that he will have a healthy season(believe it or not). And he won't be splitting carries with Greg Jones either because Greg is out for the year as well.

-Young
            -Young

Comment

Originally posted by Young
              Well, I believe that he will have a healthy season(believe it or not). And he won't be splitting carries with Greg Jones either because Greg is out for the year as well.

-Young
              EVERY single year is the year Fraud Taylor is supposed to be healthy. It just never happens. Complete homer wishful thinking on your part.

Comment

I guess I'll just have to wait and find out.

-Young
                -Young

Comment

I like Wally Lundy a lot. He is a one cut and go style of runner, and that is the bread and butter of the Broncos offense, which everyone is saying what the Texans will run now that Kubiak is the head honcho. I watched him in preseason and he looked great and reminded me of Terrell Davis back in the day.

As for Fred Taylor, I think it was in 2003 that he didn't get hurt. I had him on the squad and won the championship that year. Fred "the shake" Taylor does have it in him! But I'm sure he'll get hurt this year anyway.

Comment

Wali's going to split carries with Morency and Dayne. I picked him up (Lundy) in both my money leagues.

Would you start him over the following: Drew Bennett (WR, Tenn) or Deuce McAllister (RB, NO). If so, why?

Comment

Where did you read that he'll split carries? I haven't read that anywhere. As far as I know, he is the #1 back and Morency is #2 with Dayne at #3. Personally, I would always start a starting RB over a WR, unless of course it's a top 5 WR, which Bennett is not. And, I hate Deuce. Plus, you know that Bush will definitely get some PT. I'm not sure that will happen with Morency.

Comment

I agree with milehigh.

-Young
                        -Young

Comment

not gona find many #1 rb's in free agency this late in the year
                          Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Working...
                          X