X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joe Banner should shut the fuck up

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
    Joe Banner does need to stfu. FOREVER.

VFK- why do you feel the need to defend this? No good comes out of this at all. Except Banner gets to feel like he's macho for 5 mins. This is just bulletin board material for the Cowboys.

It's like anytime someone criticizes the front office, it's almost 100% certainty you will defend them whether the issue is defensible or not. Are you just playing devil's advocate?
    Deja vu all over again...it is always about me being an apologist or some other stupid label. lol

I like what Banner said, it is true and honest. I like when our organization is confident and defiant. The Cowboys do deserve scorn and I love when they screw up like they did this past week multiple times. Jerry paniced and it was great. The meltdown continues.
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas

VFK- why do you feel the need to defend this? No good comes out of this at all. Except Banner gets to feel like he's macho for 5 mins. This is just bulletin board material for the Cowboys.

It's like anytime someone criticizes the front office, it's almost 100% certainty you will defend them whether the issue is defensible or not. Are you just playing devil's advocate?
      Deja vu all over again...it is always about me being an apologist or some other stupid label. lol

I like what Banner said, it is true and honest. I like when our organization is confident and defiant. The Cowboys do deserve scorn and I love when they screw up like they did this past week multiple times. Jerry paniced and it was great. The meltdown continues.
      Just how did Jerry panic I ask.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

VFK - what other leader of a classy organization disparages another football team in the press?

Anyone hear from the Giants GM? Green Bay? Insert NFL team here?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60
          Originally posted by Vote for Kalas

Just how did Jerry panic I ask.
          Jerry panicked the way he always does - by making a flashy, expensive move to fix something that isn't broken. Since when was WR the problem on that team? (aside from TO's sanity)

Regarding the initial post - I think Banner is right, to a point. But he should be smart enough get the point across without being a dick about it.
          The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

Does anybody know how much we offered the Chiefs for Gonzalez? If we didn't offer at least a 3rd round pick, then our FO is out of its mind. He'd be exactly what our red zone offense needs, a big target in the red zone, who can move the chains, and block like hell.
            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

the cowboys shouldn't need bulletin board material.

let's face it, iggles brass hates cowboys brass because they do it the exact opposite of how we do it. they sign players regardless of character, move up in the draft not down... try to win with stars not with depth.

i am not a banner fan but not because of this.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

It's really very simple IMO; Since Lurie has owned the Eagles the Cowpies have flat out sucked. They have failed to win a playoff game. They have under achieved. They have been far more shine than substance. But they have have also made the moves they need to make to position themselves as the consensus favorite in the NFC to win the Super Bowl. Have the Eagles EVER been the consensus favorite to win a Super Bowl? I can't ever remember them being one. So when the perception is that a lesser team is ridiculing a stronger team for failing it just smacks of hypocrisy. Dallas has more talent than we do and the only thing holding them back is themselves. They have half the brains and a quarter of the heart but given a rallying point, they can pull it together. Joe does need to shut his mouth. He's the frigging bean counter for God's sake!! He has no place talking about any team's success or what they paid. Here's a news flash Joe, writing contracts and managing the cap does not make you a talent evaluator. Andy, Tom & Co. tell you how good a player is or what potential they have. You don't have a clue about talent and value for a player. Until you start doing that job - shut the hell up!! Someone needs to give him a gag order because it sure seems like this is an annual problem with the guy.
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Just how did Jerry panic I ask.[/quote]

Jerry panicked the way he always does - by making a flashy, expensive move to fix something that isn't broken. Since when was WR the problem on that team? (aside from TO's sanity)

Regarding the initial post - I think Banner is right, to a point. But he should be smart enough get the point across without being a dick about it.[/quote]

I see it as the guy wanted a playmaker and he got him. Expensive? He's loaded. I don't like him either, but he gets what he wants. I don't see any panic here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin
                    It's really very simple IMO; Since Lurie has owned the Eagles the Cowpies have flat out sucked. They have failed to win a playoff game. They have under achieved. They have been far more shine than substance. But they have have also made the moves they need to make to position themselves as the consensus favorite in the NFC to win the Super Bowl. Have the Eagles EVER been the consensus favorite to win a Super Bowl? I can't ever remember them being one. So when the perception is that a lesser team is ridiculing a stronger team for failing it just smacks of hypocrisy. Dallas has more talent than we do and the only thing holding them back is themselves. They have half the brains and a quarter of the heart but given a rallying point, they can pull it together. Joe does need to shut his mouth. He's the frigging bean counter for God's sake!! He has no place talking about any team's success or what they paid. Here's a news flash Joe, writing contracts and managing the cap does not make you a talent evaluator. Andy, Tom & Co. tell you how good a player is or what potential they have. You don't have a clue about talent and value for a player. Until you start doing that job - shut the hell up!! Someone needs to give him a gag order because it sure seems like this is an annual problem with the guy.
                    Juke, that's what troubles me about these periodic pieces of commentary from Banner. He's not just the contract/cap guy anymore. He's the top dog, involved in every aspect, including talent evaluation. He put his chief weenie, Roseman, in there to help with this.

Banner thinks he knows talent. JUST LIKE JERRY JONES.
                    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose
                      Originally posted by Jukin
                      Juke, that's what troubles me about these periodic pieces of commentary from Banner. He's not just the contract/cap guy anymore. He's the top dog, involved in every aspect, including talent evaluation. He put his chief weenie, Roseman, in there to help with this.

Banner thinks he knows talent. JUST LIKE JERRY JONES.
                      One big difference. Jones doesn't mind paying for it. Who knows what Banner meant by that comment? What did he mean by "that kind of player"? Only he knows that.

Comment

Wow. Some of you are awfully sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60
                          One big difference. Jones doesn't mind paying for it. Who knows what Banner meant by that comment? What did he mean by "that kind of player"? Only he knows that.
                          Diva WR? High paid, high profile player who can't get off the IR?

OR

A big WR threat that we have been missing since PillPopper left?

Who knows, it certainly won't help our ability to trade or first round picks to the Cowboys for second round picks.

Comment

Sounds like it almost sour grapes on the Roy Williams thing. I bet the Eagles offered their customary 2nd day pick for him and were pissed they didn't get him.
                            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Was Banner right? Sure

Does he have any business verbalizing it as President of the Eagles? Nope

He really needs to shut the hell up. He's sitting in last place yet again (as we have been for well over a year) and he comes out with this holier than thou attitude. This is not how I'd like my team to be represented. Give me Andy Reid press conferences over this garbage. Why are we doing a "state of the Eagles" 7 weeks into the season anyway?!

Comment

VFK - what other leader of a classy organization disparages another football team in the press?

Anyone hear from the Giants GM? Green Bay? Insert NFL team here?
                                Are you serious?

Jets-Pats

Vikes-Packers

Raiders-Pats

off the top of my head from this season and last
                                Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X