No announcement yet.

Never Too Early To Get Pumped Up/ Squeelers GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This season has become an indictment of how badly these guys quite on Kelly last year. Many of the same players. Totally different outcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by bird is da word View Post
      This season has become an indictment of how badly these guys quite on Kelly last year. Many of the same players. Totally different outcome.
      I think it's a credit to Pederson and his staff that they get the most out of every player. The way the D is flying around the field and hitting very hard is unreal.

Comment

• What pederson did well is what Andy did well. He found some damned good assistants.

Question is, how long cwn we keep em? If these performances continue, schwartwz will get another shot at a program, and Buffalo will come calling to bring their local folk hero home.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH View Post
          What pederson did well is what Andy did well. He found some damned good assistants.

Question is, how long cwn we keep em? If these performances continue, schwartwz will get another shot at a program, and Buffalo will come calling to bring their local folk hero home.
          Why can't we enjoy what we have at the moment? Every team goes through changes every season.

Comment

What pederson did well is what Andy did well. He found some damned good assistants.

Schwartz is probably going to get another shot. I honestly think he's one of those guys that is a great coordinator, but not a great head coach. But, he'll get another chance. I'd love to see the staff stay together for a few years, but I don't see it happening either. It concerns me given that they want to re-create the Reid era, and one of the biggest factors in his decline was the constant brain drain on the coaching staff.

Comment

• Wow! Just saw on PFT that it was the Steelers worst loss in 27 years.

Comment

There is no question how much of a factor Schwartz is with the performance of a defense. The bills were a top D three seasons ago. That man is a magician. I hope to get 2 seasons from him.

This team is capable of a serious Super Bowl run in the next two seasons if they keep this together and continue to play at this level.

This is a team no one wants to play right now.

Comment

• Everyone here is correct in that people will come calling but no one here knows what is in Schwartz' head. Maybe he sees something special and decides that working with Pederson and Reich and these players is happiness. These guys are driven, that is what gets them to this level, but there comes a time in life where you find happiness. I'd be willing to bet some still ask Saban if he will come to their program but my guess is he isn't leaving Alabama until he is not happy. Not saying Schwartz is there I am just saying we don't know so I will live with what we have now.
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

• Well, if I am Lurie, I roll up to Shwartz house with a barrel of money and ask him "What's it going to take to keep you here?"

We were fortunately that JJ never had interest in moving on to that next level. He was content running his unit, largely because he had complete autonomy with it. It would appear that Schwartz has the same thing. So I am hopeful that we can keep this staff together for a lengthy run. I don't know Reich's aspirations, but there have already been rumblings of interest from Buffalo. They are watching closely.
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Wentz 23-31-301yards, rating 125.9

Comment

Well, if I am Lurie, I roll up to Shwartz house with a barrel of money and ask him "What's it going to take to keep you here?"

We were fortunately that JJ never had interest in moving on to that next level. He was content running his unit, largely because he had complete autonomy with it. It would appear that Schwartz has the same thing. So I am hopeful that we can keep this staff together for a lengthy run. I don't know Reich's aspirations, but there have already been rumblings of interest from Buffalo. They are watching closely.
                        Don't kid yourself Fresh. JJ had a lot of interviews for HC jobs but never landed one. He was a pretty gruff guy himself that might have turned himself off to people. Most owners are looking for offensive guys anyway. Schwartz may turn some owners off too. I hope! Then again Howie spent almost all of his money on defense this year which has helped him out a bunch too. Sign Benny!
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

• I know that JJ had a few interviews along the way, but I never felt that he seriously pursued that. Partly due to his age, I figure. Whichever way, Andy was able to hold onto him til the end.

Comment

I know that JJ had a few interviews along the way, but I never felt that he seriously pursued that. Partly due to his age, I figure. Whichever way, Andy was able to hold onto him til the end.
                            Everybody wants to move up Fresh. It's just the way these guys are wired. The weird thing about Schwartz was that he lost his job in Detroit because his team lacked discipline. Doesn't make sense.

Comment

• He's not a HC. Just like Buddy and others that have come before. Some guys are great coordinators....and they just need to accept and leave it at that. I hope that he feels that way.

Comment

• He turned Detroit right around as soon as he got there if you remember. They even won the division one year I'm pretty sure, but then he lost it. I think that he'll get another chance. Damn.

Comment

Working...
                                X