Bradford wants 25 million a year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradford wants 25 million a year

According to Jim Trotter Bradford asked for 25 million a year on a six year deal. Looks like we will be looking for another QB. No way he should get anything close to that. 5yrs 75 mill tops is what he should get. Huge risk for any team that gets him.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

See ya, hardly knew ya.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

That's freaking crazy!! Of course, it all comes down to the guaranteed money, and how it is structured, but any team that hands Bradford 6 years, 150 million dollars is nuts.

Comment

door, meet ass

ass, meet door

Comment

Yea that can't happen. Every year there is a new standard set--just the manner of the beast. As someone above said it is about the guaranteed money. They have to pay someone so I hope they can give him a fair deal with incentives that will pay him well. The ass kicker is the signing bonus. They all want big and you get stuck with it if they fail
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

what does he get if you franchise him ?
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

QBs are about $19M

Comment

Sam again finds himself in a very enviable position. It's very rare that a starting level QB hits the market. His agent sounds like a real prick. I don't know if I want to get involved with him no matter how good he is! Now I don't believe Sam when he said that the Eagles never made him an offer last year.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Deals like that are cap killers, unless you have a special player like Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning guys who make mediocre players better you can't do it. Now we know why Lurie was so effusive of the Bradford situation yesterday. If I was to look around and do comp contracts on Bradford I think the Tanehill one is the closest to what he should get. 6yrs 96 million about 45 million in guarantees. An average value of 16 million per year. Even if the Eagles bumped it to 17 million per year or 6rs 102 million with say 50 mill in guarantees that is fair.

The best bet with Bradford is to franchise him. Another team that is closer than we are (IE the Texans) might be willing to pay him 20 mill per year with guarantees and give up a 2nd round pick. We should not be willing to do that. We are not a contender next year even if we have Bradford. Too many holes to fill. Nobody is going to pay him 25 mill per year, nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                    Deals like that are cap killers, unless you have a special player like Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning guys who make mediocre players better you can't do it. Now we know why Lurie was so effusive of the Bradford situation yesterday. If I was to look around and do comp contracts on Bradford I think the Tanehill one is the closest to what he should get. 6yrs 96 million about 45 million in guarantees. An average value of 16 million per year. Even if the Eagles bumped it to 17 million per year or 6rs 102 million with say 50 mill in guarantees that is fair.

The best bet with Bradford is to franchise him. Another team that is closer than we are (IE the Texans) might be willing to pay him 20 mill per year with guarantees and give up a 2nd round pick. We should not be willing to do that. We are not a contender next year even if we have Bradford. Too many holes to fill. Nobody is going to pay him 25 mill per year, nobody.
                    It just takes one to THINK they MUST pay that amount. Houston looks to be the team. They won a division with Brandon Weeden leading them to the crown. They go back to Hoyer in the playoffs and UGH! Houston will pay his price.

Comment

Yeah, only way I keep him around is at a level below 20 mil per. I would say we go ahead and franchise him, trade him if the right partner can be found. If not, he's yours for another year as you draft a young QB to start grooming. If you trade him, you have a vet like Sanchez or Chase Daniel as the bridge to the new guy.
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                        It just takes one to THINK they MUST pay that amount. Houston looks to be the team. They won a division with Brandon Weeden leading them to the crown. They go back to Hoyer in the playoffs and UGH! Houston will pay his price.
                        Houston and San Fran to me are the competition for him. They both have the money but in the case of Houston they are positioned to win now. So they could overpay. Then again they may look at the same things all of us are looking at.

Best course of action is to franchise tag him, tell his agent to shop him to others and well make a deal.

Comment

I agree with a lot of others.

Franchise him this year. Pay him the money next year only if he becomes Tom Brady and plays a full season.

Comment

And I want my SS check to go up to $50 million!!!

He can ask for anything he wants, and the Eagles will counter with the least amount they think they can get away with ---- and THEN the negotiations will begin!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                              And I want my SS check to go up to $50 million!!!

He can ask for anything he wants, and the Eagles will counter with the least amount they think they can get away with ---- and THEN the negotiations will begin!
                              That's assuming they are going to use the tag to retain his rights.

Comment

Working...
                              X