Would you make this trade....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you make this trade....

Looking at the Eagles roster and far ahead to the way they address some areas I can't help but want to start now.

Would you trade our 3rd round pick and Nelson Agholor to Cleveland for Josh Gordon?

This deal only works if it's done now. Giving them Agholor allows them to benefit immediately and if Gordon gets it together in rehab, he's obviously far more valuable than what we are offering. On the other hand, if he continues to struggle with alcohol he's not worth anything. Obvious we're rolling the dice if we do this deal, but having him on one side and Green-Beckham on the other with Matthews in the slot gives us a pretty damned impressive WR group.

I'd do this deal in a second. I think being traded and having a new team and change of scenery may be what Gordon needs to turn himself around.

Would you do this trade? Let's hear it fellas.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

The experience with guys like Gordon mean they will fail again and again and again. I would not trade anything for Gordon. The only real example of a guy who put it together after having these type issues is Chris Carter.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

No, you may get a handful of games from him and hell be suspended or in rehab again
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I know you love Gordon Juk because this is not the first time that you've brought it up. I wouldn't take Gordon for free. Want no part of him. You have to realize now that he is beyond rehab just like Manziel is.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
          Looking at the Eagles roster and far ahead to the way they address some areas I can't help but want to start now.

Would you trade our 3rd round pick and Nelson Agholor to Cleveland for Josh Gordon?

This deal only works if it's done now. Giving them Agholor allows them to benefit immediately and if Gordon gets it together in rehab, he's obviously far more valuable than what we are offering. On the other hand, if he continues to struggle with alcohol he's not worth anything. Obvious we're rolling the dice if we do this deal, but having him on one side and Green-Beckham on the other with Matthews in the slot gives us a pretty damned impressive WR group.

I'd do this deal in a second. I think being traded and having a new team and change of scenery may be what Gordon needs to turn himself around.

If it was left up to me, I'd pass on that particular deal. Gordon could probably be had for less than that, and any on-field benefit would be negated by the off-field stuff. That said, there may be something to your belief that a change might do him good.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
            If it was left up to me, I'd pass on that particular deal. Gordon could probably be had for less than that, and any on-field benefit would be negated by the off-field stuff. That said, there may be something to your belief that a change might do him good.
            I'm not buying Bud. These druggies get passed around from team to team in all sports and never get it.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              I'm not buying Bud. These druggies get passed around from team to team in all sports and never get it.
              True. By saying that a change might be good for him, I didn't particularly mean that the Eagles were the place for him. Heck, if he doesn't wise up he'll get a change of scenery for sure. Right out of the league

Comment

If he was truly focused on football, the rehab would have occurred before his suspension was lifted. I have little interest in acquiring a problem child like Gordon, the timing of him heading to rehab makes my interest zero.

Comment

Gotta agree with the masses here--- T.O was still
                  T.O.

This guy just smells too much for that price. I might take a flyer after a full discussion and psychiatrist evaluation.... but not at that price.

Comment

No
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I'd have a drinking problem too if my NFL career was stuck in Cleveland

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post

At this point, I don't think Gordon has any value at all in the NFL. It's not like he's only fallen off the wagon a couple times. This is issues in college AND multiple issues in the NFL. I wouldn't give up Agholor OR a 3rd round pick for him at this point. IF the Browns are able to get anything from him, it's most certainly going to be a conditional pick based on if he's able to stay on the field, and so I'm thinking a 6th or 7th round pick that becomes a 4th or 5th if he stays out of trouble for a year.

Consider that the bar around what DGB cost the Eagles. DGB was just drafted a year ago, is not on the verge of suspension and was ready to play immediately... and all the Titans could get for him was Dennis Kelly. If DGB cost only Dennis Kelly, there's no way in the world a suspended Josh Gordon costs Agholor and a 3rd.

Comment

No

Comment

L want NO part of Josh Gordon!
                            Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I certainly wouldn't give that much for him. If I thought he could be rehabbed I might give a seventh but he is a giant gamble. The odds are he isn't going to work out for you.
                              Actually, Chris Carter knows this as well as anyone. If he came to me and said he is confident that Gordon will succeed I might go a fifth but I don't think it is a good risk.
                              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X