Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's go Raiders

Al Davis says "just win Baby"

We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Well at least the officiating has been very even handed.

Comment

Who didn't know the Pukes were going to get that call?
      Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

I'm sorry that paper thing was stupid! Did that mean it was a first down because he COULDNT get the paper in there even though he did?

And I am so sick of these stupid different set of rules for the goal line. If Carr fumbles at the 3 and it goes out of bounds its marked at the two. Its just the dumbest rule. If a guy puts his arm out across the 15 yard line and he drops it its a fumble but on the goal line Super Ass just drops the ball over it for a TD!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
          I'm sorry that paper thing was stupid! Did that mean it was a first down because he COULDNT get the paper in there even though he did?

And I am so sick of these stupid different set of rules for the goal line. If Carr fumbles at the 3 and it goes out of bounds its marked at the two. Its just the dumbest rule. If a guy puts his arm out across the 15 yard line and he drops it its a fumble but on the goal line Super Ass just drops the ball over it for a TD!
          I really get tired of selfish players doing that crap on the goal line. The only time it should be tried is on 4th down IMO. It's just too risky to get batted away. And a wr should never do it. Catch the damned ball! You're not a running back.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            I really get tired of selfish players doing that crap on the goal line. The only time it should be tried is on 4th down IMO. It's just too risky to get batted away. And a wr should never do it. Catch the damned ball! You're not a running back.
            Pop, I am just done with all this stupid rules! You have to define what a catch is? The Steeler player caught the ball! Hell I will even say Dez Bryant caught it too on that stupid play in Green Bay! Funny part to me is that they say you have catch it with two feet down and make a football move for it to be a catch but the Carolina game the Packer guy didn't do all those things but its a fumble! It just makes no sense!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
              Pop, I am just done with all this stupid rules! You have to define what a catch is? The Steeler player caught the ball! Hell I will even say Dez Bryant caught it too on that stupid play in Green Bay! Funny part to me is that they say you have catch it with two feet down and make a football move for it to be a catch but the Carolina game the Packer guy didn't do all those things but its a fumble! It just makes no sense!
              I don't think anybody, including the officials know wtf a catch is Rob. It's BS. I can say the same thing holding. What the hell is holding? And how do they officiate the stupidest rule of all "illegal contact" on the goal line? How can you not call it on every play if the offense is on the 1 yard line? I'm with you and getting sick of this crap every week. I heard everybody in NY screaming for PI on the last play of our game. Where??? What the heck did I miss?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                I don't think anybody, including the officials know wtf a catch is Rob. It's BS. I can say the same thing holding. What the hell is holding? And how do they officiate the stupidest rule of all "illegal contact" on the goal line? How can you not call it on every play if the offense is on the 1 yard line? I'm with you and getting sick of this crap every week. I heard everybody in NY screaming for PI on the last play of our game. Where??? What the heck did I miss?
                I have given up on PI and holding because I don't think they have clue about either of them. But damn a catch is simple. You don't need a set of encyclopedias to tell you what a catch is or isn't!

Comment

No to add to the rule discussion, but Carr was a numbnuts and was game aware.

He had the first down, and time on the clock, and at least a tie in hand--- he either doesn't know the rules or was just stupid!!!

I also agree the Pitts game-- that was a TD, he "controlled " the ball all the way through the catch, yeah so it moved around a bit, so what! he controlled it!

But whomever called that slant route for Pitts was guilty of giving that game away, IMO. You don't throw in there, with that much at stake, just to many bodies and hands flying all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post

He had the first down, and time on the clock, and at least a tie in hand--- he either doesn't know the rules or was just stupid!!!

I also agree the Pitts game-- that was a TD, he "controlled " the ball all the way through the catch, yeah so it moved around a bit, so what! he controlled it!

But whomever called that slant route for Pitts was guilty of giving that game away, IMO. You don't throw in there, with that much at stake, just to many bodies and hands flying all over the place.
                    Tomlin's fault. He and Haley were screaming at Ben to "clock it" when Ben had plenty of time to call a play and then Ben improvised. There was plenty of time. If you have a HOF QB just let him take control period.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post

I agree with you on all counts. I hadn't seen the game live but was listening to Dan Patrick and they spent almost half the show talking about so I watched the play online and it was a catch and a TD. The refs were almost looking for an excuse to overturn. Also, Big Ben still had three shots to score again and tried to force a TD- just dumb.

One thing that is certain, this year more than any other year I can remember, experienced- and in this case SuperBowl winning coaches- are making just awful coaching decisions in critical games. One thing that can be said about Doug is he really hasn't made that one, moronic call that cost a game. You can argue the Seahawks spot challenge and then the no challenge on the lateral, but even the announcers said it was iffy to be overturned. And with the replay gaffs this year, who knows what would've been called.

Raiders really underachieved this year and that division was wide open.

Comment

Not just the slant route, but only one guy even running a route. Like the Patriots will gonna fall for the fake spike. Terrible coaching call and a real brain dead moment by a veteran QB in not just throwing it over everyone’s head.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                          Not just the slant route, but only one guy even running a route. Like the Patriots will gonna fall for the fake spike. Terrible coaching call and a real brain dead moment by a veteran QB in not just throwing it over everyone’s head.
                          When it comes to in game decisions the last guy that I want making them is Mike Tomlin. He's obviously a good/great coach but not on game day.

Comment

Working...
                          X