Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FRESH View Post
    Sanchez makes me miss Nick.
    Yeah, they just mentioned that Nick's going in for an x-ray tomorrow to check his progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
      And I don't know why, but......

I have a bad feeling the Giants might beat us in that last game.

On well. They weren't winning a title this year. But I did want some playoff fun
      I cant' get a feel for that one, but Beckham vs. the secondary is a cause for concern...if Eli is upright long enough to deliver him the ball.

Comment

• I actually think we might lose out.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
          I actually think we might lose out.
          That would surprise me. Not implausible though.

Comment

better not, I think I picked us to go 11-5
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• Per Roob:

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...gles-cowboys-1

1. Give the Eagles a little credit for bouncing back from a terrible start and scoring 24 straight points to take the lead after the Cowboys went up 21-0, but the bottom line is the Eagles were not ready to play this football game, and ultimately the 21-0 hole they dug themselves cost themselves a game and may have cost them a playoff berth. It only took Dallas 18 minutes to score 21 points, and despite talking all week about how they were prepared for a much better Dallas team, the Eagles seemed to be sleepwalking until they trailed by three touchdowns. One thing about running tempo — when you play poorly at a high rate of speed, you can find yourself in a big deficit quickly. It happened in Green Bay and it happened again Sunday night, and it’s a very dangerous way to go about your business.
              2. There’s going to be a lot of talk about playoff possibilities over the next few days, and maybe the Colts will go down to Dallas and beat the Cowboys and the Eagles can win their last two games and win the division at 11-5. But it should be the last thing the Eagles are even thinking about right now. They need to get their mojo back. They need to stop turning the ball over, stop committing stupid penalties, stop giving up 3rd-and-longs, stop letting receivers run free. They need to forget about playoff possibilities and figure out a way to win a football game against a terrible Redskins team in Landover Saturday afternoon or nothing the Colts do Sunday afternoon will matter.
              3. OK, Mark Sanchez. I don’t know if you’re going to get a whole lot more from a backup than he’s given the Eagles since replacing Nick Foles, but the more he’s played, the more his limitations have shown, and that’s always the way it is with backups in any position. Sanchez just can’t get the ball down the field, and it’s just so hard to drive the length of the field when you aren’t getting chunk plays. He did have a 72-yarder to Jeremy Maclin Sunday night, but that was a short pass that Maclin took down to the 1-yard line. The interceptions are piling up at a ridiculous rate. Sanchez just doesn’t have the firepower to compete on a consistent level against good teams.
              4. This is the stuff that drives me crazy: The Cowboys scored at the end of the third quarter to take a 28-24 lead, and on the ensuing PAT Nolan Carroll committed a personal foul that cost the Eagles 15 yards of field position. You simply can’t lose your cool like that. Not in a close game that may determine whether or not you go to the playoffs. Those penalties are inexcusable.

5. On the opening kickoff — a play that really set the tone for the game — Brad Smith has to understand the situation and just grab the football. It was clear the kickoff was very short and Huff was going to have trouble getting in position to field it. Smith is in his ninth season and he’s only here to play special teams. He has to have the court awareness to make a play there.
              6. I can’t help wonder what would have happened if Kelly had given Polk the ball at the goal line against the 49ers and Cards.
              7. I don’t think there’s a running back out there who could have a big game against this run defense. DeMarco Murray did finish with 81 yards, but he needed 31 carries to get there and averaged just 2.6 yards per carry. His only two games under 4.0 yards a pop this year have been against the Eagles (3.7 on Thanksgiving). This is a big-time run defense. It’s a terrific starting point for the defense. Unfortunately …
              8. There’s the matter of pass defense. And this was another absolutely brutal day for Bradley Fletcher. Somebody asked on Twitter whether he’s worst than Nnamdi, and just that they’re even in the same conversation tells you all you need to know. Fletcher the last couple weeks has been really awful, and I know the Eagles like big, tall, physical corners, and I know it’s tough to find cornerbacks, and I know the new rule enforcements make it difficult to play the position. But they simply have to get better at corner. And by the way, Brandon Boykin, who had such a remarkable season last year, has really been disappointing this year, too. Had a very tough night against the Cowboys.
              9. I expected a lot more from the Eagles’ offensive line in this game after the way they battered the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day. But they really got manhandled, giving up four sacks — the most since the opener — and just never allowing the offense to get in any kind of rhythm. After netting 464 yards in the first game, the Eagles had just 294 Sunday night. A lot of that is on Sanchez, but all in all, a terrible day up front.
              10. Dez Bryant talked a lot of trash during the week, got into a verbal altercation with Malcolm Jenkins before the game and yapped all night with Fletcher. And he backed it up with three touchdown catches and 114 yards on six catches. The Eagles went into Dallas with a lot of swagger and backed it up, and the Cowboys came into Philly with a lot of swagger of their own and backed it up. In a division with Odell Beckham Jr., DeSean Jackson and Bryant, the Eagles have to find a way to slow down big-time receivers. And shut ‘em up. Because right now, Bryant is laughing at Bradley Fletcher and laughing at the Eagles.

Comment

• Give them credit? Hell no!! They did everything they could to help build that lead for the pukes. Bad penalties. Stupid turnovers and weak play leading to the girls having the ball for nearly the entire first quarter. I'm not giving them credit for almost fixing the problem they created. Had they come out and played well who knows what the game plan would have looked like. They spent all week working on a plan they never got to try because they flat out shit the bed. Screw them. I'm pissed and they absolutely deserve to have their season hinge on this loss.
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

• How on earth does Brad Smith not field that kickoff??? Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!!!!
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    How on earth does Brad Smith not field that kickoff??? Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!!!!
                    My sentiments exactly. And for the same reasons that Roob stated. He's a nine-year vet who's strength is special teams play. People may be blaming Huff for the miscue including Huff himself, but in my opinion Smith should have fielded that KO. He could have positioned himself to do so, but didn't. Huff seemed just as surprised as I was, after the fact.

Comment

Really?

C'mon, if we can't beat both the Deadskins and the vagiants -- neither of whom have ANYTHING to play for, then we are way below were I believe this team is.

Comment

• Kelly on Huff's miscue
                        -- Kelly suggested that Brad Smith was responsible for fielding the opening kickoff, not Josh Huff.
                        "The upback should have taken it. We were on the 10, the ball landed on the 15. Josh was too deep for him to field the kick. I think what he thought was that the ball came off his foot pretty good but it got held up by the wind."
                        Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/20...qUMiXYFB6T0.99

Comment

Working...
                        X