Linebacker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linebacker?

Kind of shocked no picks at LB. Even the UDFA out of Purdue doesn't look like a true LB.

Can we all assume Kendricks will be here for another year?

Still seems like a thin group to me

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
    Kind of shocked no picks at LB. Even the UDFA out of Purdue doesn't look like a true LB.

Can we all assume Kendricks will be here for another year?

Still seems like a thin group to me
    Hicks, Bradham and Kendricks is a thin group?
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

got the kid from Denver too
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

teach the rugby kid some MLB, fuck those pesky linemen trying to block him
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
          teach the rugby kid some MLB, fuck those pesky linemen trying to block him

Comment

Man I can picture Thunder plowing the Same hole as Johnson/Peters to get us a yard. LOL Hell teach him to play nose tackle!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              Man I can picture Thunder plowing the Same hole as Johnson/Peters to get us a yard. LOL Hell teach him to play nose tackle!!!!!
              Teach being the major point here. I don't expect him to amount to much.

Comment

We signed Worlow and Nelson, plus we have Gerry in year 2, Gruger Hill (who doubles as a kicker). I think we are actually pretty damn deep at LB. They will keep six, Kendricks, Cabana Boy, Hicks, Nelson, Worlow and probably Hill for his versatility. That leaves cutting Gerry. They basically 2 linebackers most of the time, that has them 4 deep in starting caliber players plus two good special teams guys and in Nelson case a guy who could potentially start.

The only way they were taking a linebacker is if they could have traded Kendricks.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I think Gerry is gonna be pretty good long term. He has speed and instincts.
                  You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Well, I can see I am alone on the LB concern. Lol

I liked a lot of LBs in this draft and they went early and often.

Maybe we don't play many snaps with 3 LBs anyway?

Carry on.

Comment

Carry on.
                      As each one flew off the board all that I could think of was Banner undervaluing them.

Comment

Carry on.
                        Dawk no doubt there were some good linebackers in this draft. I think Smith is going to be an absolute stud. I liked Evans and Malik Jefferson to.

By the time we got to round 4 though, the linebackers were pretty much dried up.
                        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Carry on.
                          You're right Dawk in that they flew off the board. 4 in the first 22 and 7 in all taken before us. We went a combination of need, BPA and fucking Dallas when we took Goedert.

Comment

44 were drafted. Most of any position.

We certainly have one hell of a thin group now. With the release of Kendricks and the injury of Worrilow.

Any fast vets out there?

Or are going to continue using 2 LBs and hoping for health of Hicks and Bradham all year?

Comment

44 were drafted. Most of any position.

We certainly have one hell of a thin group now. With the release of Kendricks and the injury of Worrilow.

Any fast vets out there?

Or are going to continue using 2 LBs and hoping for health of Hicks and Bradham all year?
                              Maybe Jenkins can play MLB too.

Comment

Working...
                              X