Jalen Ramsey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jalen Ramsey

I was not really in favor of trading for him when the rumors came out but after another career best performance by a WR against us, I am rethinking that objection.

If Howie/Doug/Jeff really think this is a Superbowl contending team how can we not go out and get Ramsey?

We are consistently getting lit up by WRs. Some of this is injuries, some maybe talent and we certainly can't ignore scheme's role in this. Does plugging in Jalen Ramsey in to cover the Amari Coopers, Julio Jones, Theilen/Diggs, put this team back into lead contender?

I am not convinced but I sincerely hope that Howie is considering Ramsey or someone else to come in here to upgrade the CBs.

Ramsey is 24 and potentially the best CB in the game. I would not give up 2 first rounders for him. But I would be willing to give up one and something else of value. I’d throw in Agholor, Miles Sanders, Sidney Jones or a conditional pick. But you have to be able to sign him long term. Maybe a conditional 2021 pick based on getting a long term deal with him.

We need the Jags to lose this weekend to further damage them.

At 24 Ramsey would be almost as good as a pick.

And the Birds are not as old as you think. They have the LT of the future. We could afford letting a few higher picks go to get a player with Ramsey’s ability. But you can’t lose him after 2 years.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

At this point Howie has used a 2nd, 2 3rd's and a 4th on the corner position and we really don't have too much to show for it. Either its Schwartz scheme or the corner position that is causing the issue. Either way it needs to be fixed, either by Schwartz going or Howie giving up what it takes to get multiple quality corners in here.

If it takes two ones to get two quality players then do it.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

We may need a boost to our pass rush more! I was encouraged by the increased pressure we brought last night. We can certainly stop the run which is what we need vs the Jets.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
          We may need a boost to our pass rush more! I was encouraged by the increased pressure we brought last night. We can certainly stop the run which is what we need vs the Jets.
          little bit of the chicken and egg situation. I saw several times last night where Rodgers was releasing the ball to wide open receivers right before the rush got there. Most of those were under 2.8 seconds. Those receivers were getting that open because of the cushion we were giving

I think both areas need to be improved but the secondary is in the most need. They really can't cover anything. Pass rush or not.

Comment

The pass rush, even with the loss of Jernigan/Jackson, worked hard last night and really wasn't far off of Rogers. And give credit to Rogers for being able to get rid of the ball early and for avoiding a rush. There was a time late in the game where it seemed he threw 6 or 8 straight completions for 6-8 yards right in the middle of the field. I'm not sure the DLinemen can play as much as they did without a little blow.
            But CB is hurting. Ramsey paired with Douglas would certainly be respectable.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

The birds still carry six LBs I believe. Hill/Fort/Bradham/Gerry/Brown/Edwards. I would be curious to hear Doug's thoughts on that v dropping to five and getting another CB or DT on the roster
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

The pass rush was better last night. Way better actually.

Rodgers is a better athlete then he gets credit for. He is quick and elusive at the right time, hard to knock off his feet, and extends plays and keeps his eyes downfield better than virtually any QB I’ve ever seen.

Last nights pass rush gets to Stafford, Ryan, maybe even flusters guys like Dak and Wilson.

Rodgers accuracy on the move is really unparalleled. I’d say we rushed pretty well last night.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Schwartz tried quite a few things to slow Rogers down last night. On some plays he had zone on one half the field and uptight man on the other. It seemed like the man to man jamming skills just aren't' there. He did a nice job with Jenkins keeping them off balance though. He was switching assignments with cornerbacks that confused Rogers a couple of times when Jenks lined up as a tight safety but covered deep outside third while the cb jumped the flats. He tried some zone blitzes too. Sendejo was flying around pretty good until he took out Maddox. On top of that we ran out of dbs about half way through the game. That's not the best situation to be in against the HOFer.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Just go get the guy...... you having a glaring need..... fix it!

Not that often you get a chance to fix your weakness this late in the year with this level of talent.

Comment

This story is really getting weirder by the day

Report: Jaguars turned down two firsts for Jalen Ramsey
                      Sep
                      9/29/2019 9:30:40 AM
                      |More
                      Jalen Ramsey's future with the Jaguars remains murky after an unusual week in which he was absent from the team at various points for three different reasons, Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports reports.

Both the Pro Bowl cornerback and the team are drawing scrutiny around the industry for how this messy contractual and potential trade situation has transpired, with other teams unsure of how or when it gets resolved. Numerous clubs remain very interested in Ramsey, sources said, who requested a trade earlier this month, and whom the Jaguars engaged in trade talks about before sending signals that they now intend to keep him. The Jaguars could have had two first-round picks from one club, according to a league source, but believed those selections would end up too close to 32nd overall for their liking.

Ramsey has made no secret of his desire to be traded and, sources said, has continued to tell associates that he has no desire to sign an extension with the Jaguars. He missed the start of the week due to illness and then was listed as being out with a back injury; sources said his initial absence irked team officials, who believed it a naive attempt to facilitate a trade. Later in the week he was excused by the team to be present for the birth of a child, and the events, in total, have left rival general managers believing a trade by the late October deadline is still possible.

Ramsey's words and actions – including a sideline outburst with coach Doug Marrone and subsequent raucous media session – have caused some interested teams to rethink their position, and drawn criticism in front office circles while also possibly lowering the amount of trade compensation he could command. There are questions as to why he did not hold out from training camp to try to force a resolution of the situation before the season, and concerns about what lengths he may try to go to in future weeks to attempt to force his way out.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

He is a gamble that is for sure. Some people might remember a guy named Owens. But I would think Howie and Doug are talking to everyone who knows him better than the media in order to get a feel for whether the locker room can handle him. You know it might be a tough go the way Schwartz uses his guys.
                        Can't believe they would turn down two first just because they 'might' be close to 32. Those two firsts could turn into a low first or multiple seconds or ask for an added fifth if I throw in a 7th. Just can't believe you can live with a problem that blows up the team or maybe get nothing if he goes TO when there are options
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

It’s the media guys, the media...... don’t take it to the bank!

Comment

I think the first thing they need to consider is the health of the guys they have. When are they going to get Darby back? What is Mills' status? It's a long season.

If they're going to get both those guys back, I don't know that I'd give up a king's ransom for Ramsey. Although I will say that the schedule is absolutely brutal after the Jets game. They're at Minnesota, at Dallas, and at a decent Buffalo team. Then, they get the Bears and the Patriots at home. Yikes! Ramsey would certainly help.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                              I think the first thing they need to consider is the health of the guys they have. When are they going to get Darby back? What is Mills' status? It's a long season.

If they're going to get both those guys back, I don't know that I'd give up a king's ransom for Ramsey. Although I will say that the schedule is absolutely brutal after the Jets game. They're at Minnesota, at Dallas, and at a decent Buffalo team. Then, they get the Bears and the Patriots at home. Yikes! Ramsey would certainly help.
                              Ramsey is one of the best corners in football. Darby and Mills couldn't shine his jock. If you can go get Ramsey you do it, even if it does cost a 1st round pick plus. You are talking about a kid that is 24yrs old. He makes our defense so much better.

I would be looking at others to. Chris Harris from Denver (Just said he isn't resigning there) should only cost a 4th rounder at best. he is a big time upgrade over the others we have out there. Trumain Johnson for the Jets is a solid corner another guy who won't cost too much (because he makes a ton of coin).

I am sure Howie is working the Phones and I have no doubt he comes up with a player or two to add to this team soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X