Observations from Eagles Vikings game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations from Eagles Vikings game

An embarrassing loss to say the least. I didn't think they would win today but didn't think they would embarrassed like they were.

1. Wentz did everything he could today to try and win this. Quite frankly there is simply not enough talent around him. The fact that having one player in Jackson is hurting this team so much is mind boggling. Too many dropped footballs, too many tight windows to have to throw into because there is no separation. The Eagles are basically asking Wentz to be perfect on every single throw. There are not great catches happening there is nothing right now with these receivers.

2. The entire secondary stinks. Jenkins and McCloud are out of position and confused way too much for veteran players. We need to move on from both of them in the offseason.

3. The development of the corners or should I say lack of development is mind boggling.We have spent how many draft picks 2nd round pick on Jones who was suppose to be a high pick, 3rd rounder on Douglas, 3rd for Darby, 4th for Maddox. None of them are any better than they were in college.

4. The linebackers on this team might be as bad as the corners. They can't cover. Linebackers have to be able to cover in this league.

5. The defensive line is not getting enough pressure but I am not sure if the lack of sacks are more because the QB consistently has wide open receivers to throw to.

6. Doug was terrible today in his play calling. Its not just the fake field goal which fine he took a chance. Its the predictability. Third and 3 at the 20 with a chance to tie the game and he throws a wide receiver screen for the 3rd time. The Vikings have good linebackers they read it well. Bad play call. Doug needs to get his head out of his ass or maybe he needs to bring in another Offensive coordinator to work with.

7. Zach Brown should probably be cut tomorrow just to make an example of not talking shit on the other team.

8. The NFL has a serious serious officiating problem. It is hurting too many teams and its really starting to aggravate me the consistent late hits on Carson, late in the 4th quarter there are guys throwing punches at him after a sack. If that was Mahomes, or Brady or Brees or Fucking Dak there would be more yellow on the field than on a taxi cab. Why on one side of the field you blow in the receiver and its a penalties on the other side they mug the receiver and its no penalty. Not only is it consistency from one crew to the other but now its one official to another. These games are horrible to watch with this.

Overall I think this team is done this year. They will lose the next to be 3-5. Basically the way the league wanted it when they scheduled three straight road games and three of them against playoff teams on the road.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

I agree about the officiating. It’s killing the league.

I think they lose Sunday. No way Dallas loses 4 in a row. We probably also lose to the Bills.

We will be lucky to go 9-7.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I agree with the officiating making games unwatchable. That streak of 4 or 5 plays at the end of Jets Pukes was hard to take.

Comment

I am just so tired of seeing other team's #1 WR have insane nights against us. So disheartening to see 150, 200 yards and multiple tds every week by a wr.

Comment

Please stop blaming officials for every game.

Reality is the 2019 Philadelphia Eagles are just NOT that good.

Every week it's a different deficiency that shows up or combines with another weak area. Yesterday we were beaten on both sides of the lines. Throw in like 3 missed coverages in the DB and you end up embarrassed.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
            Please stop blaming officials for every game.

Reality is the 2019 Philadelphia Eagles are just NOT that good.

Every week it's a different deficiency that shows up or combines with another weak area. Yesterday we were beaten on both sides of the lines. Throw in like 3 missed coverages in the DB and you end up embarrassed.
            By no way was I saying we lost the game because of the officials. They just made the ass kicking we got even worse with their ineptitude. I am just tired of seeing yellow flag after yellow flag, then looking at replays and saying I don't see the penalty etc. The game is being too tightly officiated and its ruining it. Its not just the Eagles, its around the league. 6 straight penalties in the Jets/Cowboys game on a game deciding drive. Come on now its way out of hand. Every great play on the field I can't celebrate until I look in the corner to see if there is a yellow flag and in fact now I can't celebrate until the next snap because who knows if its going to be replayed.

Comment

Did not see the game (thank goodness) but the talk about officiating is really my concerned. That Jets Cowboys last drive was just awful. Then they top it in the Lions packers game which probably cost the Lions the game. My biggest pet peeve with the officials is this OPI DPI . No one is the same. Good ol Al in New York doesn't enforce it the same. The TV networks hired newly retired officials who basically say Al and the guys on the field are wrong constantly. It is just not a good look.

Comment

There is absolutely no reason they can't have a guy in the booth who calls down and says you need to look at that call. I wouldn't have that guy calling penalties that were not called but I would have them look at ones that are bad calls. I'd also have them look at them in real time not slo mo
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                  There is absolutely no reason they can't have a guy in the booth who calls down and says you need to look at that call. I wouldn't have that guy calling penalties that were not called but I would have them look at ones that are bad calls. I'd also have them look at them in real time not slo mo
                  They have to take a hard look at the rules, the way the rules are written and then how they are positioning the officials on the field. They also have to be sure they see the foul vs. they think they saw the foul.

Comment

According to this site: https://www.nflpenalties.com/index.p...ames&year=2019

2019 average penalties per game per team is 9.14 (Eagles 7.67)
                    2018 average penalties per game per team is 7.88 (Eagles 6.78 )

One more flag per game for the Eagles, the league on average is experiencing a little bit more than that.

Disclosure: I have no idea if the numbers are correct in that website.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                      According to this site: https://www.nflpenalties.com/index.p...ames&year=2019

2019 average penalties per game per team is 9.14 (Eagles 7.67)
                      2018 average penalties per game per team is 7.88 (Eagles 6.78 )

One more flag per game for the Eagles, the league on average is experiencing a little bit more than that.

Disclosure: I have no idea if the numbers are correct in that website.
                      Amount of penalties really doesn't tell the story. Its the type and when they are called. And I will say the missed called are just as important as the calls that were made.

Comment

Its amazing to me how many face mask penalties are missed! But at the same time some of these guys on both offense and defense have been watching professional soccer with the flopping they do in front of these newer officials

Comment

Working...
                        X