X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT-Rams Eating Massive Dead Money Hit with Cooks trade

Almost $22 mil.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n.../brandin-cooks

I'm still wonder how Cooks is alive after Jenkins blew him up TP.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      I'm still wonder how Cooks is alive after Jenkins blew him up TP.

...so is he, E60. So is he...

Comment

The Rams situation is just crazy. Just a couple of years ago they were one of the up and coming teams. But, then the went for it all with big contracts and are now in big trouble. IMO, Goff without major talent around him is a very average QB (possibly even below average).

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
          ...so is he, E60. So is he...

Good one T!

Comment

Goff without major talent around him is a very average QB

As most QBs are. The new CBA is going to allow teams to eat money right now even though no one ever wants to be in that position. I still wonder if Howie giving that guaranteed contract is going to put him in a similar position with Jeffrey
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
              The Rams situation is just crazy. Just a couple of years ago they were one of the up and coming teams. But, then the went for it all with big contracts and are now in big trouble. IMO, Goff without major talent around him is a very average QB (possibly even below average).
              They went all in, and didn't get er dun. That's the chance you take. It probably wouldn't hurt nearly as bad for them if they hadn't laid an egg in the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                [COLOR="DarkGreen"].....I still wonder if Howie giving that guaranteed contract is going to put him in a similar position with Jeffrey
                You know, I didn't think of that. Is there something in this CBA that's different, making a move like this less unpalatable for the Eagles, or in this case with Cooks, the Rams?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  Good one T!
                  ...and he's changed teams a few times. Maybe (A) he doesn't know which team he's playing for and wanders around dazed, or (B) he keeps moving around so Jenkins can't find him and hit him like that again! Heard he got his tattoos knocked off!

Comment

...and he's changed teams a few times. Maybe (A) he doesn't know which team he's playing for and wanders around dazed, or (B) he keeps moving around so Jenkins can't find him and hit him like that again! Heard he got his tattoos knocked off!

Damn good thread you've got rolling here TP.

Comment

You know, I didn't think of that. Is there something in this CBA that's different, making a move like this less unpalatable for the Eagles, or in this case with Cooks, the Rams?
                      Not sure there is anything different but from what little I do know is they would not be able to spread the hit out over two years (in Jeffrey case anyway) because it was last year of CBA. Now the birds can take a 16 mil and 10 mil hit rather than a 26 mil. At least those numbers are in the ballpark since I really am not a cap guru. Seems they always find a way to jiggle it so the cap isn't gospel in my opinion
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Working...
                      X