No announcement yet.

From poverty to riches...the KR thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From poverty to riches...the KR thread.

IMO one of the most overlooked problems last year (along with the loss of 16 starters) was the decimation of our KRs. We went from having a great 2nd year guy in Reed to nothing. Now we have Perry who stepped up last year when he finally got a chance. Against all odds it seems also that Reed is actually a player again and may make a strong challenge to reclaim his role as starter. Then there is the development project that I love... ie Bloom who may just blow away his two notable teamates when he gets back in stride. Together they add up to a plethora of riches for last years greatly weakened STs. (We won[t even talk about our Kicker and Punter situations).

Re: From poverty to riches...the KR thread.

Originally posted by Flying Dutchman
    Together they add up to a plethora of riches for last years greatly weakened STs.
    I loved JR, so I am probably pulling for him to come all the way back more than any other player. He runs so hard....straight ahead. Even when B Mitchell lost a step, his straight ahead style was still tops in the league. Look at what that style did for a horrible Mahe. I think JR can still produce at a high level on KR's because of his toughness, more than anything.

Of course, you always need good backups for a guy like JR. I feel that Bloom will be on the practice squad this year and only called up if there is an injury to Perry or JR. Wait, I meant "when" they go down. (Knock on wood)
    Pedro

Comment

Re: From poverty to riches...the KR thread.

Originally posted by Pedro
      I feel that Bloom will be on the practice squad this year and only called up if there is an injury to Perry or JR.
      I can't see that happening, no way would Bloom clear waivers. Multiple teams would claim him. He'll make the opening day roster. He could be deactivated early, however, if he's slow in picking things up.

Comment

My guess is that JR will be put on the PUP list which will allow the Eagles to bring him in later if there is an injury on the roster (there always is)

Comment

I agree with SOT there is no way the Bloom goes to the practice squad. They want this kid to come in right away and be able to play. He also provides a deep threat, and even if its just a few plays a game we can see if he can outrun someone and make the big play. (I know that coaches would probably be watching for this, so its hard to make this a realization.)

Comment

Working...
          X