Some Names for next Coach and next GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Names for next Coach and next GM

A couple of names to keep an eye on for the next head coach.

Josh McDaniels OC from New England - was very young when he got his chance in Denver, did ok the first year and fell on his face the next. Its ok usually the 2nd stop is where they really get it.

Sean McDermott DC Carolina - Was here and was well respected

Duce Staley don't laugh at me on this one, Lurie loves Duce and he could be at least interviewed

Adam Gase Bears OC - To me would be after the top two but still a chance.

GM
    I think its going to be Donahue after they solve the Rooney Rule, but another name could be
    Chris Ballard from KC
    And if Ryan Grigson is let go by the Colts he could also be on the radar
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Originally posted by taz View Post
    A couple of names to keep an eye on for the next head coach.

Josh McDaniels OC from New England - was very young when he got his chance in Denver, did ok the first year and fell on his face the next. Its ok usually the 2nd stop is where they really get it.

Sean McDermott DC Carolina - Was here and was well respected

Duce Staley don't laugh at me on this one, Lurie loves Duce and he could be at least interviewed

Adam Gase Bears OC - To me would be after the top two but still a chance.

GM
    I think its going to be Donahue after they solve the Rooney Rule, but another name could be
    Chris Ballard from KC
    And if Ryan Grigson is let go by the Colts he could also be on the radar
    I'm betting on the Ferret. Heaven help us.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Duce would be interviewed to meet Rioney rule only although he'd be a great RBs coach in any offense.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
        Duce would be interviewed to meet Rioney rule only although he'd be a great RBs coach in any offense.
        I'll bet when it's all over Duce is our next HC.

Comment

now is not the time to find out IF he is any good ?
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
            now is not the time to find out IF he is any good ?
            Who else will want it MM? If he's smart he won't take it. There is nothing to offer a coach here, not even a high draft spot. No QB, no line, no wrs. Whoever takes the job is going to take a beating.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              Who else will want it MM? If he's smart he won't take it. There is nothing to offer a coach here, not even a high draft spot. No QB, no line, no wrs. Whoever takes the job is going to take a beating.
              Most coaches don't take over a loaded roster like Kelly got when he came here. This is a premier position in this league, it also helps that its in the NFC east where the teams stink. Plus they would be playing in front of the best fans in football. This will be a desirable job, believe me. Players can be added. Just don't expect 10-6 in the next coaches first year, going to go down before it comes back up.
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

they have great fans, great facilities, great owner and Marcus Smith ll, what more can you ask for ?

60, I have no idea who to want or expect, but 22 doesn't make my list. A few years as RB coach doesn't put enough check marks in the boxes. Gotta have some HC or coordinator experience IMO.
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Anybody interested in Juan Castillo as head coach?
                  You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

What's Vermeil doing ?

Comment

Saw a story that Holmgren wanted to catch in SF. Would he come this way?

Comment

Maybe Coughlin gets shit canned and we end up with the red faced rat bastard

Comment

Maybe Coughlin gets shit canned and we end up with the red faced rat bastard
                          nooooooooooo

Comment

they have great fans, great facilities, great owner and Marcus Smith ll, what more can you ask for ?

60, I have no idea who to want or expect, but 22 doesn't make my list. A few years as RB coach doesn't put enough check marks in the boxes. Gotta have some HC or coordinator experience IMO.
                            Hey, I didn't say that he's my choice. I'm just saying that I think he'll end up with the job. I realize that we have zip to offer a new coach. We have no QB and we don't even have a decent pick to grab one. The way the franchise is going to get better is through the draft. I'm afraid that the franchise is in such disarray that we will have to go with an unknown guy. The last time we were in this spot we lucked out and got Andy but that was because nobody else wanted him. And at least we had the #2 pick in the draft and got Donnie Mac. I suppose we could end up with McDaniels if the Pats go deep in the playoffs and other candidates grab jobs. I think Duce will end up with the job by default. He's got a good shot anyway. Hey, I hit my surprise cut this year (Wolfe) and also my surprise "make" (Biggers). Maybe I'll hit this too.

Comment

I don't think Duce is anywhere near ready to be a HC. But, I hope they interview him just the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X