Ertz was special yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ertz was special yesterday

Man he came up big time against the Brown. A bunch of catches with no drops, great one handed catch on the back shoulder throw, and clutch catch on the tight fourth down throw. That was the game we've all been waiting for! He looked like "All World Ertz" yesterday! Two of the wrs were receivers were clean too-Agholor and DGB. I don't know what the heck to think about Matthews. I guess that we'll have to live with the drops. Despite them he got 117 yards. Not too shabby. I was also surprised that Mathews only had 77 yards on 22 carries. I thought he had over 100. Maybe that's because Sproles ran the ball o well too. If Sproles keeps dropping passes I think Doug could turn to Smallwood fir our 3rd down back because reports out of camp were that Smallwood has great hands.

As happy as I was about the win we have to remember it was against the worst team in the NFL. If they didn't drop so many passes it could have been a whole different game.

One disturbing thing was our seconday, specifically McLoyd and Brooks. Mac looks lost in pass coverage and I simply have no idea why we traded for Brown.
    Last edited by Eagle60; 09-12-2016, 09:36 AM.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I am shocked at Sproles drops. I don't remember him every dropping a punt return. Yet, he seems to drop these super easy catches over the middle at a disturbing pace.

He also lost me money as I bet on him getting over 50 yards total offense yesterday. I was pretty sure Sproles was going to be heavily involved yesterday. But, Dougie really mixed it up in the backfield.

Comment

Ertz did a terrific job catching the ball yesterday. But I am still waiting for him to break his first tackle. Hookers don't get on their backs as much.

Of the RB's , Barner continues to show what he flashed in pre-season. I can see his load increasing.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Too bad he got hurt.

Comment

Well Pliny, the Bradford theory of throwing a tough ball was pretty much dispelled yesterday. Why Rowe was dropped and Brooks starts is beyond me???

Doug called a great game until he decided to throw the ball with 6 minutes to go and the Birds were up by 12. Why stop the clock???
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
          X