Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything Good Last Night

Not sure there was.
    Don't think I saw one good punt. Elliot should himself human with the 33 yd miss. Barner even muffed a punt.
    RBs were routine at best. Blount continues to do very little.
    Foles-- not good at all even though it was a cold night, a windy night. I thought he got Ertz a broken rib when Joseph hit him on a high pass down by the goal line. Thought he could have run a few times even though he isn't a runner. Even a few yards and a slide helps occasionally. I guess he did okay at the end with a few short out patterns.
    Brings me to play calling. Not sure there was much Doug could have done but I think those short out patterns showed up a little late. Maybe get to them a little earlier and Nick would have had more confidence in his ball on a cold night. Second guessing is easy but that was about the only success I saw.
    D held a team that they should have held. Gave up a lot of yards to Lynch but Lynch usually gets his. Showed again that tough running with an occasional double move is a vulnerability. DL was active all night although Carr was tough to get to. When Long did get his strip sack he thought celebrating was more important than picking up the fumble although I can buy an argument that he didn't see the fumble. But the D stepped up when needed.
    I don't know; maybe it was one of those fluke games where the team was working off a big Christmas dinner but maybe it showed the path to the SB is going to be tough--even if in Philly.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Defense held them to 10 points

Comment

defense was on the field the entire second half and forced what ? 5 turnovers ? I wonder if the field was frozen and affected Jeffries ankle . Jenkins played a pretty good game. Foles was all over the place, even on the passes he completed, he turned runners around, opened them up to punishment and missed wide open guys by 10 yards on 10 yard throws. The Oline wasn't terrible. Kelce had some poor snaps, but was blocking his ass off, Warmack wasn't bad and Big V and Brooks had decent games. Johnson had his head up his ass quite a bit. Foles had decent time most of the night, but our WRs did NOTHING and the Raiders D was able to do a lot of crazy shit because the backs were able to contain our WRs easily. The Raiders didn't play like they had nothing to play for IMO. We were bad, but some of that was due to a pretty good team. Stats aside , they played more like the 2016 team than the 2017 version. IMO. Once again I would like to see this O run quick hitting right up the gut plays instead of running 10yards laterally before cutting upfield into the teeth of a defense in top speed. It was brutal, it was ugly, but hopefully they will learn that they need to flick the switch coming out of the tunnel or they will be going home.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
        defense was on the field the entire second half and forced what ? 5 turnovers ? I wonder if the field was frozen and affected Jeffries ankle . Jenkins played a pretty good game. Foles was all over the place, even on the passes he completed, he turned runners around, opened them up to punishment and missed wide open guys by 10 yards on 10 yard throws. The Oline wasn't terrible. Kelce had some poor snaps, but was blocking his ass off, Warmack wasn't bad and Big V and Brooks had decent games. Johnson had his head up his ass quite a bit. Foles had decent time most of the night, but our WRs did NOTHING and the Raiders D was able to do a lot of crazy shit because the backs were able to contain our WRs easily. The Raiders didn't play like they had nothing to play for IMO. We were bad, but some of that was due to a pretty good team. Stats aside , they played more like the 2016 team than the 2017 version. IMO. Once again I would like to see this O run quick hitting right up the gut plays instead of running 10yards laterally before cutting upfield into the teeth of a defense in top speed. It was brutal, it was ugly, but hopefully they will learn that they need to flick the switch coming out of the tunnel or they will be going home.
        Ertz had a good night other than getting a rb killed on one play. Johnson played good including two bogus holding calls. I thought Darby played really good.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

The glass is not as empty as we think and here is why:

That is a tough spot emotionally to play in against an unfamiliar team. The crowd was out of it and so were the players. That won’t happen in the playoffs.

LJ got called for holding twice and both were suspect. VERY suspect I thought. That’s the most holding penalties in a game so far this year. It effected the flow for both teams.

Nick played bad. He was indecisive and he threw High at least 4 times. He won’t play that bad in the playoffs.

Mills bit again but that’s gonna happen. Cooper is a good WR. Defense played well all second half. 10 points is pretty solid.

Nobody got hurt.

Ellerbee got better as the game progressed.

The defense basically gets 3 weeks off to get healthy.

We aren’t as good as we looked shellacking the Cowboys, Broncos and Bears.

We aren’t as bad as we looked last night either.

We will be ready in playoffs and if Nick can play better we can win. This team is good enough to win it all.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Did anyone notice Mills was on the bench and Douglas was playing in the 4th quarter? I know Mills got hurt, but he came back to play. Maybe the injury got worse, or maybe Doug wanted to send a message.

Comment

the last 9 Raiders drives the defense allowed 41 yds and had 5 turnovers
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Mills was limping pretty badly, Graham is hurt and I don’t know if it was reported on TV but Foles got hurt early on, seemed to be Ok then tweaked his ankle again and at that point Sudfeld was warming up pretty rapidly. If the Defense hadn’t given up a first down there, we were that close to Sudfeld coming into the game.

One other thing we can’t compare this team to the Team that left LA. With Wentz at QB we are dynamic on offense, with Foles we are a different team that needs to play differently. Overall we are 13-2 and a deserved 13-2, not sure if any team other than maybe Minnesota has gone through as much injury and adversity as we have had to go through. Losing your starting RB, Left Tackle, Left Guard, Quarterback and then on defense your middle linebacker and special teams your best cover guy and your battle tested kicker. It’s tough to overcome but yet this team finds a way. Talent doesn’t always win Super Bowls, there is just something about this team.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                  Did anyone notice Mills was on the bench and Douglas was playing in the 4th quarter? I know Mills got hurt, but he came back to play. Maybe the injury got worse, or maybe Doug wanted to send a message.
                  I don't know what else you can do on some of those hitch and goes if the QB has time to get rid of it and you have 1 on 1 coverage. Darby did a good job on his as he just grabbed the guy and got a 5 yard penalty. I used to coach my kids to play the out an up through the outside shoulder and tackle him if he turned upfield.

Is anybody else getting tired of the Eagles playing a friekin prevent on 2nd and long??? I mean it was second and 20 and we had a safety at least 40 yards deep and nobody on the tv screen other than 3 or 4 down lineman. WTF??? I'm thinking that we are going to give these guys at least 15 yards for free and we gave up more. Also lining up on the line to gain isn't a bad idea if you attack the ball but our guys seem to just stand on it instead of attacking. I think that we're getting some bad coaching there.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post

LJ got called for holding twice and both were suspect. VERY suspect I thought. That’s the most holding penalties in a game so far this year. It effected the flow for both teams.
                    As poorly as the Offense played, I hesitate to criticize the officiating, but the holding calls on Johnson...especially the 2nd one that negated the big run...were pure fiction. You can witness as much hand contact with and redirection of the defender on virtually every play as Johnson had with his defensive opponent.

That one was so bad it had me shaking my head and saying, "WTF is going on here? What possible agenda could be served by the Eagles losing to Oakand?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      I don't know what else you can do on some of those hitch and goes if the QB has time to get rid of it and you have 1 on 1 coverage. Darby did a good job on his as he just grabbed the guy and got a 5 yard penalty. I used to coach my kids to play the out an up through the outside shoulder and tackle him if he turned upfield.

Is anybody else getting tired of the Eagles playing a friekin prevent on 2nd and long??? I mean it was second and 20 and we had a safety at least 40 yards deep and nobody on the tv screen other than 3 or 4 down lineman. WTF??? I'm thinking that we are going to give these guys at least 15 yards for free and we gave up more. Also lining up on the line to gain isn't a bad idea if you attack the ball but our guys seem to just stand on it instead of attacking. I think that we're getting some bad coaching there.
                      Depending on the situation, that D can be good on third down. Even then, give up 18 and the opponent may take their chances on 4th and one or two.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                        As poorly as the Offense played, I hesitate to criticize the officiating, but the holding calls on Johnson...especially the 2nd one that negated the big run...were pure fiction. You can witness as much hand contact with and redirection of the defender on virtually every play as Johnson had with his defensive opponent.

That one was so bad it had me shaking my head and saying, "WTF is going on here? What possible agenda could be served by the Eagles losing to Oakand?"
                        A build up to the Dallas game? Gotta make the roaches relevant for their asshole fans.

Comment

Lane's thoughts

x

The Philadelphia Eagles had their worst offensive performance of the season in a 19-10 win against the Oakland Raiders, which Lane Johnson didn't sugarcoat immediately after the game.
                          Johnson called out the Eagles offensive performance after they had a season low in first downs, total yards, and time of possession. The Eagles were just 1-for-14 on third down.
                          "It was shitty. It was shitty from the get go," Johnson said. "The defense won us the game. I don't know if y'all watched the game, but the defense won it. I’m really proud of how the defense played; they won us the game. It wasn’t pretty. We have a lot of work to do, but other than that, I’m fine with a win."
                          Johnson was at the center of the Eagles offensive struggles, committing three penalties in the win. The Pro Bowler had two holding calls and a false start.
                          Did the 30-degree weather and 20-mile per hour winds play a factor? Johnson isn't looking for an excuse.
                          "It was what it was. We justreally weren’t able to get in a rhythm and we’ve been able to do that all year," Johnson said. "I really don’t know what it was. The defense won the game for us; there were multiple turnovers. We’ll go back and look at the film, but it was sloppy."
                          The Eagles are 13-2 with the road to the Super Bowl going through Philadelphia! Make sure to stay in the loop for all Eagles news throughout the playoffs! -- take five seconds to sign up for our FREE Eagles newsletter now!
                          The Eagles defense held the Raiders to just 274 total yards and committed five turnovers. Oakland had just 50 yards on 32 plays and five turnovers on its final nine possessions, keeping Philadelphia in the game.
                          Johnson doesn't know if the starters will get some rest Sunday, but he isn't expecting it after the Eagles performance in Week 16.

Comment

I was all over the D, but they played a really good 2nd half. Although they weren't tested all that much by Carr going more than like 12 years. So I think the D "woke" up.

The O on the other hand, as we all saw was playing like donkey darts! Nothing was "good", some parts were ok, but nothing was "good". Nick needs a ton more reps, so he better play some on Sunday, and they better have a ton of reps with the wr's TE's and Nick, he was high and behind most of his passes. Have no idea about the low snaps from Kelce, but his blocking was outstanding, but the rest of the O loine has to learn to block with a" normal pocket" now cause Nick ain't no Carson--- Nick needs to step up a bit, and run a bit... maybe instructions I dunno, but he could have had like 3 more 1st downs if he had just run. But maybe with he and Sufield being the only QB's maybe he was told not to run, Dunno. Not sure what the deal was on the WR's either Nick being too cautious or those really were not getting open at all. I think only Aggie caught a couple of short ones , haven't looked at the stats yet.

The bottom line is they gotta play much better and more consistent if they want to advance in the post season.

Now small point, would like some input. From what I understand Pederson gave the team off yesterday morning to be able to stay at home with their families.

Was that part of the non focus? the listlessness? The non emotion early on?

Comment

Good point MD about Nick not running. The coaches seemed fine with him throwing the ball away so I think you might be on to something there.
                              Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X