Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wrong...you need to factor

A - eagles get the first down and continue the drive on 4th and 15
    Right. And teams had been 1 for 19 in that regard. So add in the 5% chance of converting that. If they blow it, then my A/B scenario remains.

why leave that play on the sidelines...punting gave the game away. I closed down the TV and shut off the lights and went to bed after that stupid fucking punt
    I've explained why you play the odds and punt, but you apparently aren't interested in going below surface level to see about it. Heck, you apparently turned the game off after the punt, so why bother trying to go deep on this with you? Go call WIP and explain how Andy Reid knows less about football than you do, because you obviously would have gone for it, gotten it, then won the game. You've apparently got it all figured out.

bird is da word for Head Coach!

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyJack
      We had our chances.

I think, most of us would have gone for it again. BUT, the defense had the chance to stop the 'aints, and they failed one last time.

It was a tough loss to swallow. No excuses. The saints beat us. Congrats to them.
      Spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by EFD

Right. And teams had been 1 for 19 in that regard. So add in the 5% chance of converting that. If they blow it, then my A/B scenario remains.

[quote:f6644]why leave that play on the sidelines...punting gave the game away. I closed down the TV and shut off the lights and went to bed after that stupid fucking punt
        I've explained why you play the odds and punt, but you apparently aren't interested in going below surface level to see about it. Heck, you apparently turned the game off after the punt, so why bother trying to go deep on this with you? Go call WIP and explain how Andy Reid knows less about football than you do, because you obviously would have gone for it, gotten it, then won the game. You've apparently got it all figured out.

bird is da word for Head Coach![/quote:f6644]

you are the only fool in this country who thinks punting was the right move. this was no different than 4th and 26. you take your chance. it has nothing to do with stats...converting is no guarantee but you keep your opportunities flowing if you convert...if you don't your in the same scenario as punting.

Comment

Originally posted by bird is da word
          Originally posted by EFD

[quote:be135]why leave that play on the sidelines...punting gave the game away. I closed down the TV and shut off the lights and went to bed after that stupid fucking punt

bird is da word for Head Coach!
          you are the only fool in this country who thinks punting was the right move. this was no different than 4th and 26. you take your chance. it has nothing to do with stats...converting is no guarantee but you keep your opportunities flowing if you convert...if you don't your in the same scenario as punting.[/quote:be135]

I'm not the only person that thinks punting was the right move.

This was way different than 4th & 26 in that the time on the clock was different and the game couldn't have been tied with a FG. So you're either lying or just stupid when you say that.

And you're NOT in the same scenario if you don't make it. You need a TD instead of a FG.

Really dude, you're falling apart. I hope you're really drunk or something because these pitches are straight down the plate and you're missing pretty badly.

Comment

well...i am glad your method proved to be loser. it was a pussy move for pussies like yourself

Comment

well...i am glad your method proved to be loser. it was a pussy move for pussies like yourself
              Oh, I assume you read the morning paper to see that the Eagles had lost? After all, you turned it off after they punted, right? Talk about a pussy move...

Comment

ok... that's the end of the name calling. debate the issue but no personal attacks.

Comment

There aere better ways to debate this, fellas. Save the namecalling for Cowpie fans.

As for the topic at hand, I have said that I would hav probably gone for it. Bt the fact is tht it was a very low percentagge of success either way. We lost this game before that. Hell, we may have lost this game on the play BEFORE the punt when we jumped. Let it go, if you can.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

look efd...we know how your decision turned out. we will never know how the other would have worked. you seem to think that was the better odds. i think that the offense was more productive than the defense. if i am the coach i hedge my bets with the unit that is more productive...and it certainly wasn't the defense...but i guess you think it was...and it turned out wrong. so stop trying to justify a horrible decision.

i could rest much easier with this lose if it was on a failed 4th down conversion

Comment

look efd...we know how your decision turned out. we will never know how the other would have worked. you seem to think that was the better odds. i think that the offense was more productive than the defense. if i am the coach i hedge my bets with the unit that is more productive...and it certainly wasn't the defense...but i guess you think it was...and it turned out wrong. so stop trying to justify a horrible decision.

i could rest much easier with this lose if it was on a failed 4th down conversion
                      It was only a horrible decision because it didn't work.

If the Eagles D stacked the box and forced a punt, they'd have had the ball around their own 40 (assuming Westbrook doesn't take it to the house), had 1:00 on the clock, and needed only 3 points to tie the friggin game.

IF. IF the D had held. They didn't. You didn't know they wouldn't before the friggin punt. But IF they did then it would have been a brilliant move.

Picture it - "Westbrook returns the punt to the 40 yard line, so the Eagles, with 1:00 left in the game, need about 25 yards to give Akers an attempt to tie".

That's pretty sweet.

Your version of the IF game is that IF they went for it on 4th & 15 they'd have gotten the 1st down.

Which "IF" is more likely? I assume you're going to say picking up 4th & 15 is MORE LIKELY than stacking the box and forcing a punt.

You don't know that's true, and neither do I. IF you get the right to say they'd have picked up that 4th & 15, then I get the right to say they wouldn't have.

Why do you get to play the IF game but I don't? My version of the "go for it" is that the play doesn't work, the Saints have the ball on the Eagle 30, and at minimum they're getting a FG so we now need a TD or bust.

Your scenario is no more likely to happen than mine. To act as though you have a crystal ball and know for a fact what would've happened is ridiculous.

I'm done with it.

Comment

what even makes you believe they hold a 3 and out? mcallister was carrying for 7 yards every time he touched the ball. the defense sucked. putting the game in their hands is a stupid move. the offense was more productive and a better option.

no one will know what happens if they go for it. my opinion is that in that situation, the way they are playing on D, you leave your fate in the hands of the offense. it is a simple philosophy difference. DEAL WITH IT.

Comment

what even makes you believe they hold a 3 and out? mcallister was carrying for 7 yards every time he touched the ball. the defense sucked. putting the game in their hands is a stupid move. the offense was more productive and a better option.

no one will know what happens if they go for it. my opinion is that in that situation, the way they are playing on D, you leave your fate in the hands of the offense. it is a simple philosophy difference. DEAL WITH IT.
                          McAllister averaged 7 yards per carry WHEN THE DEFENSE WAS PLAYING BOTH THE RUN AND THE PASS.

Do you understand how that's different than SELLING OUT TO STOP THE RUN?

At this point I'm beginning to wonder if you're just F'ing with me here. Are you just pulling my chain, because nobody can continue to miss the points that are written over and over again, can they?

Comment

There are valid points on both punting and going for it. Myself, I couldn't believe he punted but that is just me. I was absolutely amazed--but my personality is to go balls to the wall. I've beat Andy for things in the past but you can't beat Andy up for that decision.
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by EFD

McAllister averaged 7 yards per carry WHEN THE DEFENSE WAS PLAYING BOTH THE RUN AND THE PASS.

Do you understand how that's different than SELLING OUT TO STOP THE RUN?

At this point I'm beginning to wonder if you're just F'ing with me here. Are you just pulling my chain, because nobody can continue to miss the points that are written over and over again, can they?
                              and he continued that pace when they supposedly SOLD OUT...it didn't work that well

do you think sean payton is an idiot? do you think brees is incapable of hitting colston who he hit all game? if they, under your scenario, sell out for the run what happens when the saints audible and pass the ball. payton has pulled stunts all season. the saints owned us in october and last night.

they didn't have to throw but why give the team the ball who was working you over all day. your scenarios are bogus...you have no leg to stand on. nothing you are advocating worked.

this is a matter of perspective....yours is different than mine. i prefer to go down swinging, like the title of the thread.

Comment

and he continued that pace when they supposedly SOLD OUT...it didn't work that well
                                Wrong. If Deuce averaged 7 YPC they'd have had the first down on 2nd down. I know you didn't watch the end but that's not what happened.

do you think sean payton is an idiot? do you think brees is incapable of hitting colston who he hit all game? if they, under your scenario, sell out for the run what happens when the saints audible and pass the ball. payton has pulled stunts all season. the saints owned us in october and last night.
                                Wrong. There's no way on this planet that they pass even once no matter what. This is crazy talk.

they didn't have to throw but why give the team the ball who was working you over all day. your scenarios are bogus...you have no leg to stand on. nothing you are advocating worked.
                                Yet you're banking your stance on picking up a 4th & 15 play. A play that's worked 1 time in 19 tries this season. Great success rate.

this is a matter of perspective....yours is different than mine. i prefer to go down swinging, like the title of the thread.
                                Correct. You are indeed going down. And you're swinging, but missing badly. You're all surface-level and no depth. Debating this with you is like debating with a head of lettuce. This is stupid, repetitive and going nowhere, so I'm going to stop now.

Comment

Working...
                                X