RB Choice waived by Cowboys,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB Choice waived by Cowboys,

ok, so when I was growing up, I think I remembered a rule that you couldn't cut injured players.

Am I nuts? When did it change?

I don't think Choice is injured, other than day to day stuff that might keep him out for a game.

Comment

shoulder injury.

actually i just saw this tidbit: If Choice clears waivers, the Cowboys will then reach an injury settlement with him.

i guess you still can't cut injured players.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        shoulder injury.

actually i just saw this tidbit: If Choice clears waivers, the Cowboys will then reach an injury settlement with him.

i guess you still can't cut injured players.
        My question then is what is an injured player? Most all players have some injury at this point and a team could just call a player doubtful rather than out for a given game if they want to cut him, particularly if they are even somewhat on the line (like Choice who did practice this week).

Comment

yeah. at what point is it an injury that keeps him from playing that week and that season/career. I guess there are arbitrators for that kind of thing. That would seem fair.

Comment

Here's my guess at what is transpiring.

They put him on waivers to see if another team wants to take a flyer on him. If no team bites, they try to negotiate an injury settlement with him, and if that doesn't work, they have to just pay him his full salary for the year. I don't see the impetus for Choice to do anything but collect his full pay except perhaps for his reputation with the rest of the league may be enhanced if he shows he'll work with management. Regardless, they needed the roster spot so they had to make a move.

Comment

Redskins bit. I guess after having 26 yards rushing in a game, being shut out, and having Hightower on IR...

Comment

Working...
              X