Observations from yesterdays game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations from yesterdays game

This game was the tough game we thought it would be. Its a loss but once again how they lose is what we need to talk about.

1. Wentz, up and down game. Was under constant pressure, escaped at times, missed throws at times, hit throws at times. Threw two picks, first one totally on him, 2nd one was on Treggs, you have one job run fast down the field and track the ball, he slowed down, and never looked back to track the ball, honestly if he keeps running he gets a PI on that play no doubt.

2. Wilson is a great QB, he made play after play after play under consistent pressure. Extremely impressive.

3. The injuries in this game to me outline just how bad Seattles field is. I think the total was 10 players for both teams that went out, most of them with leg injuries. That is a combo of a hard hitting game on both sides and a field that doesn't give.

4. I thought Wendell Smallwood ran well yesterday, I want to see more, average 4ypc against that defense is very good.

5. Marcus Smith was active against the run and even had some good pass rush. Might be hope for him yet.

6. Ertz had a good game. Should have been over 100yards and 2 tds if it wasn't for the mental midget Chip Kelly piece of shit first round gentlemen s club visiting bust.

7. Speaking of the mental midget you can't cut him because of the salary cap issues. However, you can bench him. They should bench him but they won't. Even if its for a half, let him know that wake up or your gone. That simple.

8. I was not impressed with Schwartz game plan yesterday. He didn't blitz enough and even though the front four was getting there they need a fifth player to spy Wilson so when he did try to step up that player would be there. Give Wilson credit he consistently took advantage of that.

9. I thought the safeties were horrible yesterday. They consistently were late on the deep double teams which allowed all of those long passes. Our corners lack speed in order to cover for that you have to have your safeties there. Speaking of safeties, Watkins got abused by Jimmy Graham (who has did that to many). That TD where he basically just boxed out Watkins and did a spin move like a basketball player there was simply nothing Watkins could do. The question is why was your 3rd safety covering their best weapon (other than the QB)

The season isn't over, not by a long shot. The toughest part of the schedule is over. Will the Eagles make the playoffs, highly doubtful but lets be honest the schedule they had was brutal. If I am Lurie I am on the phone every day complaining to Goddell on what they did to this team this year by giving them the hardest schedule in football. The hardest schedule in football should go to the Superbowl champions not a 7-9 team. The bright spot on all of this is the Eagles should get a very favorable schedule for next season. I still think we will be 8-8 or 9-7 and its very obtainable considering we now play 4 of the next 6 at home and the two road games are against not so good or teams about what we are.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Observation? We sucked and we are who we thought we are.

Toooooooooooo many mental mistakes, along with a few poorly timed physical mistakes and that gets you to 5 and 5. On the way to maybe 8 and 8.

They need to see what they have now... for next year and the future.

Comment

Yea tough sched this year especially because so many teams were coming off bye and we had a bye in week four or thereabouts. Not sure which AFC and NFC divisions we play next year but it could be AFC west and that won't be easy. We will get two games against fourth place teams so that will help.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Working...
      X