Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jets certainly aren't playing their cards close to the vest

Jets: All draft picks, including No. 6, for sale

General manager Mike Maccagnan is ready to trade down in every round of the NFL Drafat, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports.

"We're open for business every round," Maccagnan said Friday. "If somebody wants to move up and we have a pick in that round, call us up. Any pick."

The Jets are in full-fledged rebuilding mode coming off a five-win season. Maccagnan has slashed his payroll by $46 million in the past couple weeks with the idea of setting a proper foundation that could help this star-crossed franchise finally achieve sustainable success.

The Jets have seven picks in the upcoming draft. Maccagnan wants more.

"I will say this: This will be some free advertising for me and I've said this to some GMs down here already," Maccagnan said. "Every draft I've been in, I've always wanted to acquire more picks. Sometimes you don't always have the opportunity to move back when you're drafting, but I think the one thing for ourselves is we would like to move back and acquire more picks in this draft if possible."

"Because in my mind that at least affords you the opportunity to potentially expedite the process to improve the talent base on our roster," he continued. "If you believe you have a good process and a good group of scouts and coaches you can evaluate, then hopefully you can improve your roster that way."
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"
Working...
X