Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles Among 4 Teams Who Met with LB prospect Patrick Queen

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...ns-per-report/

Patrick Queen, entering the NFL after a successful career at LSU earned him a projected first-round price tag, is drawing significant interest as the 2020 NFL Draft draws closer. Three teams have already met with him and a fourth team will throw themselves into the fray "in the coming days." According to The Draft Network's Jordan Reid, Queen has already met with the Packers, Eagles, and Ravens, and he also has a meeting scheduled with the Giants -- which will take place over FaceTime, of course, due to COVID-19.
    All four teams make sense as potential landing spots....

…. The Eagles, meanwhile, are very much depleted at linebacker with a group composed of T.J. Edwards, Duke Riley, Jatavis Brown, and Nathan Gerry. Unlike the Packers, the Eagles have a good shot of landing Queen considering where they're situated in the first round at No. 21....

….Queen slots in as the third-best linebacker and the 28th-overall prospect on our big board here at CBS Sports. At his position group, he trails only Simmons and Kenneth Murray after a final season at LSU that included 85 total tackles, 12 of which went for a loss, and three sacks. NFL.com's Lance Zierlein recently compared him to Thomas Davis.

All four of those teams could certainly use their own younger version of Thomas Davis.

I would be stunned if that happen. When was the last time the Eagles drafted a LB in the first round? I can’t remember them ever doing it so I am guessing it has to be the 60’s or 70’s.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Yea I would be stunned also but you never know how it plays out. If the drop back 4 or 5 picks they may see him as best on the board. I'm an advocate for WR in round one but I can easily be talked into getting one in round two if that is where the value is
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
        I would be stunned if that happen. When was the last time the Eagles drafted a LB in the first round? I can’t remember them ever doing it so I am guessing it has to be the 60’s or 70’s.

Philadelphia Eagles: The Bill Bergey trade

During the mid-1970s, the Philadelphia Eagles were a down and out franchise considered among the worst in the NFL. The team had no core of talent to build around and coaches they brought in had few answers. When GM Jim Murray took over the team in 1973, he knew the culture had to be changed. It started with finding a blue chip player that could energize both the roster and the fan base. Murray, despite having no 1st round pick in 1974, 1975 or 1976 decided to trade the 1st rounders in 1977 and 1978 to the Cincinnati Bengals in exchange for middle linebacker Bill Bergey.

It was a bold move in the extreme at the time. Bergey hadn’t been to a Pro Bowl since his rookie year in 1969 and was 29-years old when the trade occurred. Thankfully it was the right call. He became the heart of the Eagles defense for the rest of the decade, reaching four Pro Bowls and being named All-Pro twice. His finale season with the team he helped them reach Super Bowl XV, completing the turnaround that began with his arrival six years before. Bergey remains a beloved figure in Philly to this day.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I wouldn't want to give up two first round picks but would love to see a Bill Bergey in the Eagle lineup
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Working...
          X