Interesting game...both good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ike View Post
    On O it was nice to see Chip actually run some clock in the 4th quarter.
    Kelly was asked if perhaps he is growing into the NFL, since it seemed like the clock management in this last game seemed so much better than the clock management in the Chargers game. It seemed like Kelly bristled at that question, and responded with...(Paraphrasing): Those were two completely different situations. In this game (against the Bucs) they were ahead, so the #1 priority was eating up the clock, and #2 was scoring. Against the Chargers the #1 priority was scoring since they were behind, and the #2 priority was the clock. His point seemed to be that you don't want to play conservatively and eat up the clock and then wind up not scoring, and you lose the game.

Just telling you what he said...

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
      Why do we run bryce brown parralel to the LOS? Not downhill...???
      As has been suggested elsewhere, I question if his 'end runs' are by design.

Remember last year when his speed was taking defenses by surprise and he turned the corner several times for monster gains. Brown seems to still be running with seductive thoughts of those big 'end runs' in his head. But defenses are now taking that speed into account and stringing him out.

Somehow he needs to come to realize that, with his speed and power, if he's running 'downhill' (vs parallel to the line) and breaks or jukes just one second level tackle, he can be gone.

He's still a very raw talent (both young and inexperienced) so there's hope. Deuce needs to get up his ass during practice.

On the bright side, his ball security seems improved.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
        Kelly took the blame for VIcks red zone issues on WIP, he said he has to call better plays down there. I say horse shit, Foles is better because he makes quicker decisions, heck he even had the wheels to score on a run from five yards out. Kelly shouldnt' be afraid to go from Vick to Foles, but yet he is
        Concur, any coach worth a **** will take the blame (as he should--for awhile. Time comes when you have to call it like it is but I don't think they are at that point with Vick). Foles doesn't have Vick's wheels but Luck, Wilson, Kapernick, et al don't have Vick's wheels. Foles has to make them pay if they ignore him---he can do that. Otherwise I want a smart QB who can make a throw.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

The other issue with making a switch is.....Vick wasn't playing that badly. And when he went out injured, he had us in the lead. Basically, he didn't do anything to lose the job.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Files gets to prove himself this Sunday.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              Files gets to prove himself this Sunday.
              Files proved himself on Nov 22, 1963.

Foles gets to prove himself on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                Files proved himself on Nov 22, 1963.

Foles gets to prove himself on Sunday.

I'm reading "11/22/63" right now. Cool book!
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

File this.

Comment

File this.
                    Just messin with ya, popper.

My reference is to one James Files. Currently serving time at the Stateville Correctional Center in Crest Hill, Illinois. Files was the driver and assistant to one Charles Nicoletti, who was the preferred contract killer of Sam Giancana. Files claims, and with all the research I've done, I actually tend to believe him, that he was positioned behind the picket fence, on the grassy knoll, underneath a tree about 20 ft or so from the end. And, that he fired a single, mercury loaded "hot round" from a .202 remington fireball pistol, which hit the president in the right temple, blowing out the back of his head. Crazy thing is, he claimed that he took the spent brass, bit it to leave his mark on it, and left it on the fence. In 1987, a spent .202 cartridge was found along the fence line, in the dirt, complete with teeth marks. He claims that Nicoletti was also firing from the Daltex builiding, and hit Kennedy from the rear a split second before Files pulled the trigger himself, and that Files was only supposed to shoot as a last resort if no head shot had been made. Nicoletti was angry that Files didn't wait longer, because he could have avoided the shot. He claims a lot of other stuff, and I think some of it is bogus.

Kindly skip to 1:26:33. This is a high resolution copy of the film taken by Orville Nix. Look at the trunk of the limo. The spray from the back of the head being blown out is clearly visible on the trunk of the car. It is consistent with the claims of DPD motorcycle officer Hargis, who was sprayed with the debris himself, so much so, and with such force that he though he was hit himself. It is also consistent with the wounds described by all attending medical personnel at Parkland hospital. It is consistent with SA Clint Hill's testimony that Jackie retrieved something (skull fragment and brains) from the trunk of the limo.The angle of the tragectory is consistent with Files' positioning along the fence line.

Then consider for yourself that the gunshot residue across the trunk of the car that is clearly visible in the Nix film is non-existant in the Zapruder film. Two films of the same event which appear to show something very different.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                      Just messin with ya, popper.

My reference is to one James Files. Currently serving time at the Stateville Correctional Center in Crest Hill, Illinois. Files was the driver and assistant to one Charles Nicoletti, who was the preferred contract killer of Sam Giancana. Files claims, and with all the research I've done, I actually tend to believe him, that he was positioned behind the picket fence, on the grassy knoll, underneath a tree about 20 ft or so from the end. And, that he fired a single, mercury loaded "hot round" from a .202 remington fireball pistol, which hit the president in the right temple, blowing out the back of his head. Crazy thing is, he claimed that he took the spent brass, bit it to leave his mark on it, and left it on the fence. In 1987, a spent .202 cartridge was found along the fence line, in the dirt, complete with teeth marks. He claims that Nicoletti was also firing from the Daltex builiding, and hit Kennedy from the rear a split second before Files pulled the trigger himself, and that Files was only supposed to shoot as a last resort if no head shot had been made. Nicoletti was angry that Files didn't wait longer, because he could have avoided the shot. He claims a lot of other stuff, and I think some of it is bogus.

Kindly skip to 1:26:33. This is a high resolution copy of the film taken by Orville Nix. Look at the trunk of the limo. The spray from the back of the head being blown out is clearly visible on the trunk of the car. It is consistent with the claims of DPD motorcycle officer Hargis, who was sprayed with the debris himself, so much so, and with such force that he though he was hit himself. It is also consistent with the wounds described by all attending medical personnel at Parkland hospital. It is consistent with SA Clint Hill's testimony that Jackie retrieved something (skull fragment and brains) from the trunk of the limo.The angle of the tragectory is consistent with Files' positioning along the fence line.

Then consider for yourself that the gunshot residue across the trunk of the car that is clearly visible in the Nix film is non-existant in the Zapruder film. Two films of the same event which appear to show something very different.
                      Very interesting! I've always had serious doubts about the 'official' single gunman version of the Kennedy assassination. The book goes on my must read list.
                      Last edited by tinopuno; 10-16-2013, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Great stuff. I think it's just about excepted by anybody who has followed the assassination that Oswald was a patsy and that the killing shots came from the knoll. I don't remember ever hearing about Files though.

Comment

Great stuff. I think it's just about excepted by anybody who has followed the assassination that Oswald was a patsy and that the killing shots came from the knoll. I don't remember ever hearing about Files though.
                          But you did hear about Foles...right?

Popper,

Forgive me! I just couldn't resist!

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                            Very interesting! I've always had serious doubts about the 'official' single gunman version of the Kennedy assassination. The book goes on my must read list.
                            I've always loved the Kevin Costner character's explanation of a certain senator's magic bullet theory... Arlen Specter.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                              I've always loved the Kevin Costner character's explanation of a certain senator's magic bullet theory... Arlen Specter.
                              What a friekin joke!

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                                I've had some doubts too, but there has been a lot of recent analysis which ruled out many of the alternative theories. In particular there was a Discovery TV show (article on it here) a few years ago which duplicated a lot of the physical evidence (blood spatter, wound) with a recreated shot from the distance/angle of the sixth floor of the repository building, and seemed pretty convincing to me. May or may not have been Oswald, but it does seem as though the fatal shot did come from there. (They also recreated a shot from the grassy knoll with basically the same setup, and the results were nothing like the actual injuries.) I think you can find the show broken up into chunks on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X