This team........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This team........

poll question ......... Can this team be a competitive , have a chance at a Super bowl type team in the next 3 years?

My vote was number 2,,,,, I don' think they can, with Chip still at the helm. Now he may go out and be the next Belicheat, but not here.
    With Cip still the Coach?
    23.08%
    Without Chip as the coach?
    69.23%
    IF Chip is stripped of the GM role but says as HC?
    7.69%

The poll is expired.

I'm on board for another season. IF THE LINE GETS HELP
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I think we will look like an expansion team for the next few years. At least they throw in the #1 pick in that case. We won't get that until 2017 after winning 2 games in 2016 if we're lucky. I don't think it matters whether Chip is here or not, the damage is done. There is nothing to entice FAs here.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I think I am with 60. They overspent on players that under performed last year; let alone their contract. They have several key players that need to be signed and little to do it. Picks are not playing out and we are heading in the wrong direction with a great deal needed to right the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
          I think I am with 60. They overspent on players that under performed last year; let alone their contract. They have several key players that need to be signed and little to do it. Picks are not playing out and we are heading in the wrong direction with a great deal needed to right the ship.
          just read that Peters pulled himself out of the game because he's "not getting hurt for this"
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

On the basis of last night's game, I don't believe that we will be truly elite within the next five years regardless of who is the coach.
            "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
              just read that Peters pulled himself out of the game because he's "not getting hurt for this"

Bitter fallout of failure: Source confirms Peters took himself out, unhurt

Les Bowen, Staff Writer

Sunday, December 27, 2015, 12:39 PM

I DON'T THINK any reporters who cover the Eagles know Jason Peters well. It's kind of odd, given that Peters has made the Pro Bowl as an Eagle six times, as much as Donovan McNabb did, but the best left tackle in franchise history makes himself available in the locker room sporadically, and he doesn't make small talk.

Over the years, Peters has been revered as an Eagles cornerstone, first for Andy Reid, then for Chip Kelly. His judgments, when offered, have been taken as gospel. Peters isn't one to try to drown the truth in a torrent of rationalizations or excuses.

So what to make of a source close to the situation confirming Sunday that Peters took himself out of the final throes of the Birds' 38-24 loss to Washington Saturday night, because he "didn't want the risk of getting hurt for a team that is not going to the playoffs"?

The source was confirming a report by Fox 29's Howard Eskin

Peters has spent this season limping in and out of games, his play in steep decline. He was given an eighth career Pro Bowl berth last week but made no comment about it, perhaps realizing the honor was based more on reputation than his 2015 play. Is he bitter and embarrassed over how he has played - Washington rookie Preston Smith beat him for two sacks Saturday, and he was whistled twice for penalties - or is Peters yet another veteran, soon to be discarded, who doesn't believe in Chip Kelly's methods and strategies?

So much of what Kelly did last offseason was designed to create a team-first atmosphere, a group of players who bought in wholeheartedly. Kelly continued his purge of Reid-era stalwarts, often failing to replace them with comparable talent.

But there is no such thing as a losing team with a healthy, winning culture, as we have learned through all the awkwardness of the DeMarco Murray demotion, the exasperation of true-blue team leader Malcolm Jenkins over the lack of accountability in some areas (Kiko Alonso?), and now, with this.

Peters suffered a hyperextended elbow early, the team source said, but Peters was healthy enough to play down the stretch. Peters did not seek further treatment for his elbow after the game or on Sunday, the source said.

Peters turns 34 next month. Given his $9.3 million cap hit, vs. a $3 million charge to release him in 2016, even before this, it seemed likely he would be cut or at least be asked to take less money as the Eagles look to rebuild their crumbling o-line.

If Peters doesn't want to play for Kelly anymore, that might hasten his release. Or it might force team chairman Jeffrey Lurie to seriously ponder the pattern of Kelly's relationships with talented players.

When we last heard from the chairman, more than three months ago, he was still vigorously endorsing Kelly and waving away the complaints of traded or released Eagles.

"People say things sometimes when they're in a sense, quote-unquote, rejected," Lurie said then. "They get dejected because they're rejected, and then they say things. I know the way Chip is and I'm very proud of the way he is."

In a week or so, we'll see how true that still is.

Sam's future

It kind of got lost in the Saturday night carnage, but Sam Bradford clearing up what he should have made clear when asked about it more than a week earlier was as reassuring as Bradford's career-high 380-yard passing night against Washington.

"I want to be back here," said Bradford, who has completed 145 of 220 passes for 1,639 yards, eight touchdowns and three interceptions over his last six starts, in which he has a 94.9 passer rating. "Obviously, we are not at the stage where we have been talking about that, but if it does present itself and I do have the opportunity, then this is where I want to be."

Bradford can be a free agent this offseason, if the Eagles don't sign him or apply the franchise tag.

Birdseed

Not sure the loss of corner Byron Maxwell (SC joint sprain) had any impact whatsoever. Most of the Washington passing damage was done between the numbers, against linebackers, safeties or E.J. Biggers in a slot role. Eric Rowe and Jaylen Watkins handled a lot of the outside work and held up very well, especially Rowe . . . Beau Allen notched four solo tackles in his first career start, for injured Bennie Logan (calf) . . . Riley Cooper's almost-42-yard-catch was the only time he was targeted . . . Twenty-two of DeSean Jackson's 40 receiving yards came on one catch, on the drive just before halftime that netted no points because Kirk Cousins took a knee with six seconds left and no timeouts

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/s...L3oJLGbDVvE.99
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

This team made the same mistakes from week 1-16. I don't hold much hope for next season regardless of who the coach is. The draft will most likely be one or 2 good picks and the rest having potential that is never realized. For putting up good numbers, Bradford comes up small when it matters. The drops certainly don't help. If I was the coach, Peters would have his walking papers today. But Chip has himself painted in a corner because of letting talent go for little to no return. Now however he handles this situation, it's gonna be wrong. Maybe Chip learned it's not a plug and play league because he has a system. That you need talent to win. And just maybe that you need more than just players to have a team. This team never jelled. It was like 11 guys on their own individual page all season long.

Comment

The culture is broken. The players know it. They will have to overpay to keep players and really overpay to get players. And now the salary cap is fried, it will get worse when they cut Murray, and worse yet when they resign Cox which they must do.

Fire Kelly today. I mean right now. Send a message that you know he was the problem and meet one on one with the players and Howie to try to make it right with the players.

Gut the roster of the older players, hire Sean Payton, and stomach 2016 to win in 2017.
                  You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I am working on an article on what the Eagles should do next. Far to say that Kelly should go will be part of it. However I am looking at their cap situation and its better than we think. They actually can roll over 9 million from this year plus letting go of some veterans like DeMeco Ryans and Riley Cooper could get them some dollars. As well as a tough decision needs to be made on Jason Peters. He is due 9.3 million next year, but if they cut him they get back 8.5 million. In other words he could be gone.

There is talent on this team, if the right coach is brought in here and can nuture the Nelson Agholor's, Eric Rowes, Jordan Hicks and can get Kiko Alonso back to being at least a serviceable player. They have the running backs to be a successful on the ground what they need is to upgrade the offensive line. They should be able to do that with a combo of the draft and free agency. The biggest issue is they have no QB. I am not a fan of Bradford, but I think he could be a good game manager, if he wants more than 10 million a year for two years I would let him go. Draft a QB in this year and take a year longer to rebuild.

All is not lost if Kelly is let go and a proper football front office and coach is brought in here. If Kelly stays looks for us to be even worse next year and every year Bozo the clown stays here.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Take howie with you. Need a wholesale football change to get the right GM. Then you get the right coach.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                        The culture is broken. The players know it. They will have to overpay to keep players and really overpay to get players. And now the salary cap is fried, it will get worse when they cut Murray, and worse yet when they resign Cox which they must do.

Fire Kelly today. I mean right now. Send a message that you know he was the problem and meet one on one with the players and Howie to try to make it right with the players.

Gut the roster of the older players, hire Sean Payton, and stomach 2016 to win in 2017.
                        Can you forward this plan to Lurie please?
                        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

What did it take for Ray Rhodes to be gone? I think Chip is getting really close. I think he gets one more year. But I truly believes Lurie MUST tell him to get rid himself of Davis. Mend fences with not just Murray but Jenkins and others. I think Chip did a true disservice by not benching Alonso and going with Goode and anyone in the middle. Get a damn playbook bigger than my kids elementary school note binder. But the biggest thing is treat grown men like grown men! Will Chip do it? Who knows!

Comment

None of the above.
                            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Working...
                            X