No announcement yet.

Championship Sunday GDT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Atlanta is going to surprise the Pats.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Today has been a good day for me football-wise (excluding the fact the Eagles aren't playing). If I have a favorite NFL team besides the Eagles, there is a good chance it is the Falcons (just have always casually liked them). As for the AFC title game, as many of you already know, I absolutely despise the Squealers and every team (especially every pro team) based in Shittsburgh based on my time living in western Pennsylvania.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
        Ok I'm starting to get more pissed off......... Looking at the Pats and Steelers and seeing a player that we used to have be involved in almost every single play...... But they aren't / weren't good enough to play with us. (I know it is exaggerated, but Gd it it is frustrating )
        He just made a pic to close the game out.

Too bad Rowe just didn't fit our defensive scheme...which is apparently to have corners that can't cover or tackle.

Comment

Am I right in thinking the Pukes are the only team that did not hold serve at home in these here playoffs? How disappointing for their fans and organeyezation...
          Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
          Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
            Am I right in thinking the Pukes are the only team that did not hold serve at home in these here playoffs? How disappointing for their fans and organeyezation...
            Andy Reid's current team also lost at home.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
              To be honest, I'm not so sure about that. Atlanta has a really good offense, and their defense, while not great, has improved dramatically as the season has progressed.
              You're right if it was just another game. I'm talkign about the circus that is the Super Bowl -- players and coaches in NE have seen it before. That's a distinct advantage.

But then again the Seahawks did blitz the mighty Broncos.

Comment

Sorry, Popper. Gonna be hateful up there the next few weeks.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I really can't take anymore.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                    You're right if it was just another game. I'm talking about the circus that is the Super Bowl -- players and coaches in NE have seen it before. That's a distinct advantage.

But then again the Seahawks did blitz the mighty Broncos.
                    *Packers - 2010 (beat a team that won Super Bowl 2 years earlier)
                    *Saints - 2009 (beat a team that won Super Bowl 3 years earlier)
                    *Giants - 2007 (beat a team that won Super Bowl 3 years earlier)

Heck, the 2008 Cardinals, who weren't very good, almost beat Pittsburgh, who had won the big game 3 years earlier.

In recent years, Super Bowl "fright" generally hasn't been an issue.

Comment

New England has the better D which is usually the difference. I'd like to see Atlanta win but Bill and Tom are just too good.
                      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

With today's results, the 2017 NFL season opener and first Sunday night game have come into clearer focus:

SUPER BOWL RESULT
                        Patriots beat Falcons in close game:
                        *Season opener - Atlanta at New England
                        *Week 1 Sunday night - Green Bay at Dallas/Pittsburgh

Patriots beat Falcons fairly easily:
                        *Season opener - Atlanta/Kansas City at New England
                        *Week 1 Sunday night - Green Bay/Dallas at Atlanta OR Green Bay at Dallas/Pittsburgh

Falcons beat Patriots in close game:
                        *Season opener - Green Bay/Dallas at Atlanta
                        *Week 1 Sunday night - Kansas City at New England OR Green Bay at Dallas/Pittsburgh

Falcons beat Patriots fairly easily:
                        *Season opener - Green Bay/Dallas at Atlanta
                        *Week 1 Sunday night - Kansas City at New England OR Green Bay at Dallas/Pittsburgh

On an unrelated schedule note, I think there is a fairly good chance the Eagles will play Dallas on Thanksgiving for the second time in four years (and Thanksgiving period for the third time in four years). My guess is Dallas will most likely host the Eagles, Washington, or Kansas City on Turkey Day.

Comment

I was hoping to stay in today but I have to go to Springfield for a doctor's appointment. That's about a 20 minute drive and a 20 minute sit in this huge office with out of the woodwork Patriot fans. That also means no radio in the car too. Fuck this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            I was hoping to stay in today but I have to go to Springfield for a doctor's appointment. That's about a 20 minute drive and a 20 minute sit in this huge office with out of the woodwork Patriot fans. That also means no radio in the car too. Fuck this.
                            God 60, I don't know how you stand it....I'd go insane.

Comment

And on top of that Chick I had the radio on and it was on WEEI when the car started. I left it on for a couple of minutes because whoever called in was obviously a wing nut. He knew the Pats were going to beat Atlanta BECAUSE JULIO JONES IS OVERRATED! No lie! He said the only reason that he caught a bunch of passes against GB was because their secondary was hurt. You just can't make this shit up.

Comment

I'd love to have his over rated ass.

I suspect Carson would as well.
                                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                                X