• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't Novak pretty good?

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
      Isn't Novak pretty good?
      I imagine that they will work out a few today.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Jake Elliot signed, Sturgis to IR
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Elliot kid sounds like a mess. I guess if we turned Sturgis into something, we think we can keep doing that.

Scary

Better for him to start on the road though

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
            Elliot kid sounds like a mess. I guess if we turned Sturgis into something, we think we can keep doing that.

Scary

Like Arrowhead is an easy place to kick???

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post

Scary

Why is he a mess?

5th round pick. Strong leg. Just missed a 60 yarder (wide) in pre-season. Was just beat out by Bullock who kicked great in pre-season.

Was also great on kickoffs.
              Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

he was 1-4 in preseason and apparently really struggled in practices

Bengals seem to have brought him back to the PS only because they spent a 5th rounder on him

one GM compared him to Aguayo

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...innati-memphis

Comment

I thought that the camp reports were pretty good on the guy that we brought in this summer. I wonder what happened there?

Comment

8 Weeks for Sturgis ? Yikes.

First. I am not too thrilled about handing the kicking job to a rookie right now. Second, this has to make Sturgis a bit nervous. What if the rookie gets his shit together and is lights out ? Didn't Sturgis get the job when Cody Parkey was hurt ?

Side note. Elliott is a really little dude. I hope he doesn't have to make a tackle on a kickoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                      8 Weeks for Sturgis ? Yikes.

First. I am not too thrilled about handing the kicking job to a rookie right now. Second, this has to make Sturgis a bit nervous. What if the rookie gets his shit together and is lights out ? Didn't Sturgis get the job when Cody Parkey was hurt ?

Side note. Elliott is a really little dude. I hope he doesn't have to make a tackle on a kickoff.
                      I agree that handing this job over to a shaky rookie is at best risky. I guess that they scouted him in college and liked him and now they think that they can fix him. I doubt that will happen and I'll bet that we will be looking for a kicker until Sturgis comes back.

Sturgis must really be hurt if they didn't keep him on the roster. Of course we can't do that because the whole NFL is just waiting for us to release Pumphrey.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                        same size as Pumphrey. LOL

Comment

Here's why they passed on that stiff Nugent

Mike Nugent — 35 years old. Second round pick in 2005. 236 for 292 (80.8%) over his career. Only made 79.3% of his field goals and 79.3% of his extra point attempts in 2016.

Comment

Working...
                          X