Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
      Originally posted by MDFAN
      Originally posted by bird is da word
      He certainly deserves better than what this city is offering
      Well said!!!!!!!!
      Why is this well said? Stupid IMO.
      LOL,, simply because it's as true as it gets --- he does deserve better treatment than this town is showing him right now...... and for most of the time he has been here.

He has been the winningest QB the city has seen in years upon years, he visits no troubles, no black eyes to the team or city, he is nothing but professional.

Yet he gets his gnads twisted anytime some hack like Eckel wants to sell a few papers or get his name on ESPN.

And that might be ok even if the things being said about him where at least factual,,, they aren't. It's like that old qiup,,,,, "when did you stoop beating your wife".

You wanna call it stupid, hey that's on you, but IMO it's factual and spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
        For reasons that are long entrenched into the collective city psyche, Reid and McNabb have personalities that will never be embraced by the majority of the city. It's just the way it is. There will be no changing it. Both will be constantly under fire until they win a SB.
        Right. Philly is what it is, and I don't see that changing anytime in the future. Reid and McNabb, no doubt, realize that too, and understand what they're dealing with. No way they should change anyway, and become something they're not. Otherwise they'll just fail anyway.
        "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
        — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
        - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Well said!!!!!!!!
          LOL,, simply because it's as true as it gets --- he does deserve better treatment than this town is showing him right now...... and for most of the time he has been here.

He has been the winningest QB the city has seen in years upon years, he visits no troubles, no black eyes to the team or city, he is nothing but professional.

Yet he gets his gnads twisted anytime some hack like Eckel wants to sell a few papers or get his name on ESPN.

And that might be ok even if the things being said about him where at least factual,,, they aren't. It's like that old qiup,,,,, "when did you stoop beating your wife".

no need to explain myself after that...thanks

Comment

Well said!!!!!!!!

The winningest QB this city has seen?....True MD, but considering who has been QB for this team in the last 40 years ( Norm Snead, Pete Liske, Mike Boryla, John Reaves, Rick Arrington, Dan Pastorini, Roman Gabriel, Joe Pisarcick, Brad Goebal, etc.,etc. etc., )....YOU could probably suit up today MD and crack the all time 5 best list LOL

Comment

The problem i have, and I expect BP as well, is with the broad bush used to paint Philly fans with negativity.......it's the same thing the national media does, and here we have our own people doing it.

Maybe, just MAYBE, Donovan knows that there are a TON of Eagles fans who appreciate him and think he's a great QB, and he see's the sea of green #5 jerseys in the stands and knows how people really feel on the whole. And just MAYBE he realizes there are some media jerks, even guys like Eckel that aren't even writing in Philly, but JERSEY, and sees them for the idiots they are and dismisses them.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                Maybe, just MAYBE, Donovan knows that there are a TON of Eagles fans who appreciate him and think he's a great QB, and he see's the sea of green #5 jerseys in the stands and knows how people really feel on the whole. And just MAYBE he realizes there are some media jerks, even guys like Eckel that aren't even writing in Philly, but JERSEY, and sees them for the idiots they are and dismisses them.
                But those same negative Rocky syndromers will just keep asking "Then why doesn't McNabb reassure us by constantly stating how great we are as fans in every interview and between every question", and take his failure to do so as proof he's petty, emotionally insecure, holding the Caltaldi Dirty Thirty draft day fiasco against the whole fanbase, or not a real leader they can embrace. I've seen this angle on several philaphans threads and it's just as frustrating as the whole town being painted as negative assholes by the media.

I'm sure there are some good quotes out there from McNabb about the fans. I know for a fact I've read several quotes by Reid in the past praising the fans and stopping by playoff ticket lines to shake hands with them.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                  The problem i have, and I expect BP as well, is with the broad bush used to paint Philly fans with negativity.......it's the same thing the national media does, and here we have our own people doing it.

Agree Fresh, and let me just add, this IS the world that celebrities must deal with all the time, so before you paint Mcnabb as the complete victim here, imagine what Brad Pitt and Jennifer Lopez deal with 24/7. They sell friggin tabloid magazines everywhere, that probably have less then an ounce of truth in them. Their movies and lives are out there for all to see. Everybody's got an opinion. THOSE people have zero privacy.....Same thing in sports. You're a hero when you win and you Suck when you lose...And don't tell me that this is limited to how Philly fans treat their own. How was A-Rod treated in NY this past year? What has life been like for Peyton Manning In Indianapolis for the last 5-6 years, when he choked in every big game he ever played. Do you think those fans were anymore forgiving then Philly fans? You think Manning hasn't had to deal w/ Bullshit articles in Indy his whole career...........These guys make the huge dollars. They live the life that anyone of us would trade for in a second. They get to make a living playing a friggin game......The downside obviously is that w/ that you take alot of shit. You lose alot of privacy, and you're constantly second guessed..........It's the deal you make w/ the devil, and is it fair? probably not, but some of you make it sound like Philadelphia has the market cornered on running players out of town..........I don't buy it! Philly fans are no harder on their athlete's then in any other town ( NY, Boston, Chicago, Detroit.......Pick a city)

Comment

"The problem i have, and I expect BP as well, is with the broad bush used to paint Philly fans with negativity.......it's the same thing the national media does, and here we have our own people doing it."

Agree, that's what makes the treatment he gets putrid..... it's mostly our own people (media) starting these kinds of stupid crap pieces and the National media then runs with it.

Comment

Originally posted by pete liske

Agree Fresh, and let me just add, this IS the world that celebrities must deal with all the time, so before you paint Mcnabb as the complete victim here, imagine what Brad Pitt and Jennifer Lopez deal with 24/7. They sell friggin tabloid magazines everywhere, that probably have less then an ounce of truth in them. Their movies and lives are out there for all to see. Everybody's got an opinion. THOSE people have zero privacy.....Same thing in sports. You're a hero when you win and you Suck when you lose...And don't tell me that this is limited to how Philly fans treat their own. How was A-Rod treated in NY this past year? What has life been like for Peyton Manning In Indianapolis for the last 5-6 years, when he choked in every big game he ever played. Do you think those fans were anymore forgiving then Philly fans? You think Manning hasn't had to deal w/ Bullshit articles in Indy his whole career...........These guys make the huge dollars. They live the life that anyone of us would trade for in a second. They get to make a living playing a friggin game......The downside obviously is that w/ that you take alot of shit. You lose alot of privacy, and you're constantly second guessed..........It's the deal you make w/ the devil, and is it fair? probably not, but some of you make it sound like Philadelphia has the market cornered on running players out of town..........I don't buy it! Philly fans are no harder on their athlete's then in any other town ( NY, Boston, Chicago, Detroit.......Pick a city)
                      Disagree with most written here....... Hollywood celebrities and football players aren't even in the same league. Mcnabb has a salary, he doesn't need this kind of crap to earn more money or keep his name in the publics eye. Hollywood types seek out this kind of thing------ to them there is no such thing as bad publicity.... it leads to the next movie, it keeps their names in the publics eye. It's the accepted way.

Mcnabb doesn't get to choose what game he wants to play in next, or for which team, Hollywood types get to pick and choose when and where and for who they work.

Just disagree.......... sports figures in many other towns, IMO, get much better treatment. I lived through Cal Ripken in Balto, he wasn't vocal, he wasn't a Rocky type and he wasn't harshly treated, his interviews were just as bland as Mcnabbs are.......................and the fans loved him.

And again we aren't so much talking about the "fans" here --- we are mostly talking about the media that shape much of the fan bases opinions. Any guess as to how many "fans" around the country think that this Mcanbb crap is true? I'm betting million upon millions do-- "cause Eckel said it's true and then Espn said well if Eckel said it's true it's true and now many people and places are saying since ESPN said it it has to be true....man that Mcnabb must be an asshole".

Comment

Working...
                      X