And our new RB is Blount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
    Agreed. And, they have failed miserably attempting to do it in the past.

But, I still like it. It really appears that they have a legit QB in Wentz. Last time they had one of those his name was McNabb, and they were conservative with players and money, looked long term window, resisted doing things for cap reasons, etc., and they failed. Lesson learned there, IMO, is that if you have a franchise QB, you need to freaking go for it. And, if that means signing some real quality players on 1 year deals, and squeezing every last cent out of your cap money, then so be it.
    The funny part is EB that I'd probably be doing the same thing LOL! I'm just afraid that we've seen this act before. The difference comparing McNabb's situation was that the team was just a receiver away or in one case just hanging on to Trotter. Filling one or two holes is the way free agency is supposed to work. What's goin on now usually just doesn't work. I know the Redskins tried it when Snyder bought the team and brought in every big name around and did squat. It happened to us in the past too. We had better come flying out of the gate quick or this whole thing could fall apart.

On the other hand, as long as these new guys at least get some time we will be moving in the right direction no matter how the season plays out. Maybe (as usual) I'm just worrying too much. To tell you the truth if Carson and Alshon hook up and fall in love with each other I'll be happy no matter what happens!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I don't equate the FA signings this year to anything like the construction of the dream team or the redskins of old.

Other than Jeffries who was the top WR FA out there, the signings have been mid level and gap filling. The contracts have been team friendly. This team needed upgrades and the draft will only fill so many holes as maybe only the top 3 rounds can be expected to step in day 1 realistically.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
        I don't equate the FA signings this year to anything like the construction of the dream team or the redskins of old.

Other than Jeffries who was the top WR FA out there, the signings have been mid level and gap filling. The contracts have been team friendly. This team needed upgrades and the draft will only fill so many holes as maybe only the top 3 rounds can be expected to step in day 1 realistically.
        Maybe not stars, but starters: Let's look at the offense

Blount with Mathews and Barner gone
        Womack with possibly a new center with a totally revamped line (take a shot at what our starting O line will look like because we have Russian roulette going on there)
        Jeffrey
        Smith

Defense:

Jennigan replaces Logan
        I don't know replaces Barwin
        Who knows when Umbrella man Bradham will be suspended
        Maybe Kendrick at LB
        Maybe you will be one of 3 cbs with Mills starting all of 2 games as your solid vet. And don't forget another nickel back who will play most of the time
        How many guys do you have to replace for you to consider a remake of a team?

It's hard to keep tract of all the moving parts on this team. I think that it will be next to impossible for these guys to develop any continuity, especially in the O line and defensive backfield.

Comment

I think EB hit the nail on the head. They are trying win now while building​ for the future through the draft. In my opinion they are not going to waste any of Wentz' s years. If these guys don't workout they are gone.

Early reports on Jeffery are promising. They will have the cap space next season(like Taz said) to re-sign anybody they want. If Wentz takes the next step the offense is going to be good.
          FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
            I think EB hit the nail on the head. They are trying win now while building​ for the future through the draft. In my opinion they are not going to waste any of Wentz' s years. If these guys don't workout they are gone.

Early reports on Jeffery are promising. They will have the cap space next season(like Taz said) to re-sign anybody they want. If Wentz takes the next step the offense is going to be good.
            If that's going to work Howie's 2016 draft has to work out. The second year is when those rookies have to make an impact. CJ Smith and Big V should show why they were drafted and Mills and Seumalo need to thrive if this rebuild is going to work.

Comment

Hey 60, how is Ike doing?
              FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Working...
              X