The Regular Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
    I really hope Nola bounces back. I'm fearful he's hiding an injury.
    Say it ain't so Joe. I agree that some long starts would be nice though. The two long games last week were tough on the pen; which is not that strong anyway.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Phinally
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

1st place with a 2 game lead. Let's keep rolling.

Comment

Yep, they bounced back a little. Maybe a little trite to say but it is going to be a tough division so every game is important.
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

All players go through it and if you are in Philly, all cities actually, you hear about it. Hopefully Harper can get out of the funk before the hoards get to him. It is a long season and I would expect a long career for him in Philly. Need to generate some runs today
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Went to the game last night and it was a snooze fest until the 7th. 5 hits up that point and I think they ended the game with 15 hits all told. I'm surprised this lineup and how it's constituted can have as many peaks and valleys as it does.

Comment

The bullpen needs some serious upgrades or this team is not going anywhere!

Comment

Eflin turning into a stud before our eyes. He played for years with knee pain that is now gone. I'm hoping he can keep this up. Cole Irvin, Phils' Minor League Pitcher of the Year in '18, with a really solid start. This is compelling. He's put up good #'s in the minors and HE'S A LEFTY! It would be nice to add Velasquez to the bullpen where I feel he is more naturally suited.

Comment

Ninth inning losses drive a person crazy Nicasio, just crazy. He didn't get him but that was a hell of a throw by Maikel Franco.
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Good Road Trip for the Phils. Splitting with the Cubs at Wrigley and takin 2 out of 3 in Milwaukee is not bad at all. A Great outing by Arrietta Saturday night gave the bullpen a well deserved break. Now we get a Day off and get ready for the Cards to come to town.
                      Happy Memorial Day to All you Phans out there!
                      Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Right back at ya J--- the bullpen needs more than rest I am afraid.

Comment

The Bats and especially Harper are really warming up and would love to see a sweep this afternoon. 1 o'clock on MLB Channel.
                          Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Aside from not liking the Cardinals since Bob Gibson days I would like to see a sweep just to show a strong effort against the central division. Whether you break the season down into halves or quarters or whatever you have to keep winning series. Hopefully the bullpen moves this past week pay off.
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Not overly excited by Jay Bruce until I saw Seattle is paying 90% of the contract and we gave away a middling prospect. Great job Klentak!

Comment

I was amazed Seattle picked up that much salary. When I first heard the trade rumor I was under impression the Phils were going to pick up a lot of salary.
                                Hope is not a strategy
                                RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X