Eagles push back Chris Long's bonus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles push back Chris Long's bonus

Eagles push back Chris Long's bonus, buying time for him to decide his football future...

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...ponders-future

Or buying time to try and trade him. He routinely has said he wants to be basically a starter, he doesn't want to be a 4th DE.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

For what I thought was a smart man if he is holding out for a starting role at his age, I would have to reconsider. At this stage playing on a winner in a rotation that keeps him fresh, healthy and a realistic shot at a title should be his priority. I hope that the starter demand is just talk not real.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
        For what I thought was a smart man if he is holding out for a starting role at his age, I would have to reconsider. At this stage playing on a winner in a rotation that keeps him fresh, healthy and a realistic shot at a title should be his priority. I hope that the starter demand is just talk not real.
        I don't think so Vet. The reason that he left the Patriots after winning the SB with them was to go to a team where he would play more and signed with us. He's all about playing. Here's what he said when he left the Patriots on twitter:

30,128 likes
        laflamablanca95
        Thank you Pats Nation. As a player you've given so much support to, I owe you an explanation as to why I'll be moving on in FA... even if it isn't a big deal.
        This year and this opportunity gave me a ton. I made lifelong friends in a great locker room and became a champion. I'm so thankful that Coach B (the GOAT) took a chance on me and allowed me the opportunity to play a small part in this wonderful year.
        This has zero to do with money, etc. It's the right move in my heart because I want to get back to being the player I was before. I'm thankful for my role this year, but as a competitor, I'm itching to do what I do best.

It was important to say thank you personally. You may not remember me much, but I'll always remember y'all!! #driveforfive #missionaccomplished
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Yea he won't start anywhere and I don't think that is his thought. It is about more playing time but I thought we knew he wasn't coming back.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Yeah, he's pretty much said the Eagles told him his role would be reduced from last year, and that is not what he is looking for. I think he'd be fine coming back if he played as much as he did last year.

Now, I'm not sure why his role would be reduced -- unless we sign someone else, his role if anything should increase. We would be back to the 2017 DEs, almost, though there would be less need for any of them to play DT on some downs. So a little bit confused at this point as to what the Eagles plan is, though we may have someone in mind after the comp pick deadline.

Comment

Not to mention that he played for free last year! He's one of a kind.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
              X