Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I witnessed something awful last night (OT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I witnessed something awful last night (OT)

So I'm leaving the gym in downtown Baltimore last night around 7pm. Sitting in a healthy bit of traffic waiting at a traffic light - a cop comes flying from behind us with his lights on - the light turns green and three lanes of traffic just chill to let him go - he goes around us to the right and then crosses all three lanes to turn left.

Meanwhile a gentleman is crossing the street at the appropriate crosswalk with the WALK sign. The cop plows into the guy and he goes flying. A sound like I've never heard before.

People all around shriek and scream. The traffic moves forward and I have to leave the scene but the cop called for help and I saw people helping so I couldn't have done anything.

Man. It messed my head up something fierce. I'm doing better today but it was surreal...
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

That is awful, Biggie. Did you check the news to see how the guy is doing? And if you think that messed up your head, just imagine if you were the cop. Just terrible.

Comment

Holy crap! Did the guy survive?

Comment

I can't find an article on it in the Baltimore papers online. My wife and I prayed for both of them last night...I'm very anxious to know what happened.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Holy crap....wow just terrible....
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Thanks for commenting. I needed an outlet. I was all messed up driving home. I try not to curse much anymore but I said "Holy Shit" probably 100 times driving home and was out of it.
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I was once watching Sportscenter in the middle of the night years ago and they showed some basketball player from some Euro-league intentionally bang his head into the padded basket support and paralyzed himself. He just crumpled to the ground in a heap. That video haunted me for a while.

Comment

I hear you Swing. My wife was in a severe auto accident when she was in college and they needed to use the jaws of life. Her exact words last night were

"I'll never forget the sound of the metal when the jaws of life ripped open the roof of my car"

It's much worse when its you obviously - but man...man...man...
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

If there was ever a time for a string of profanities, it's something like that.

Holy sh!t indeed.

Comment

Biggie I hope this teaches you to stay away from the gym!! If you had been home on the couch where you belonged this wouldn't have happened to you!!

My wife was also in a serious head-on with a drunk driver when she was in college. She was paralyzed and air lifed to the hospital after being trapped in the car fo over an hour. She regained the use of her legs after a few days but for those days they didn't know if she would ever walk again. Not something a professional ballarina wants to her! Thank God everything worked out ok fo her.

We'll both say a pray for that guy tonight too!!
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Speaking of car accidents, anyone following that story from Indiana? Pretty crazy situation!

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... 6857330419

Comment

Wow, that's pretty fucked up, Do u think they brought charges against the Police officer? Wow, that's all I can say.
                        move the table...just once more!
                        http://www.harmonyriley.com/comedy/

Comment

Tragic thing to see. Tragic for the victim, the cop and the witnesses.

I just came from the Emergency Room where a rookie passed out while watching some trauma room activity (scrubbing a skull wound). He hit his head so hard that they are cat-scanning him right now. He was helping guard a suspect who just killed a guy during a pursuit/accident. At 100 miles per hour, he ran into the back of a small pickup that was waiting at the light. Split the other driver in half. Sad thing is, the County police had just cut the pursuit off at the City line, but city officers didn't know and coninued the pursuit. Now, it is a matter of Monday Morning QBing on whether the pursuit should have ended. I'm faced with this fear everytime my officers give chase.

BTW, the Baltimore Officer may be at fault..... in VA. We are never permitted to enter an intersection (for red) without being sure it is safe. A defense would be if the pedestrian entered the intersection after he proceeded, but he hit him too hard for that to sound like the case. Bad situation all the way around.
                          Pedro

Comment

Thanks Pedro.

Question: How can I find out what happened to the guy? Health wise?
                            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                            Playoff Appearances:
                            NFC Title Games:
                            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Horrible story, BP. I shudder when I read/hear about these traffic accidents...

Comment

Working...
                              X