Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another country heard from

New Jersey Paper:

1. Don’t forget Clement: Corey Clement suffered a knee injury on Dec. 9 against the Cowboys and was lost for the rest of the 2018 season. It was only on Monday, eight months later, when Clement finally returned to getting legitimate team reps and looking like his old self, if not more explosive. At the start of every 11-on-11 team drill on Monday, Clement was the first running back to receive reps with the first team, ahead of both Jordan Howard and rookie upstart Miles Sanders.

It was fair to question his role as Clement slowly worked his way back, but he’s fully cleared now and he shouldn’t be forgotten in what is sure to at least start off as a traditional Doug Pederson-Duce Staley patented running back by committee.

Clement is a good pass-catcher and short-yardage back with underrated athleticism. If he can stay healthy, I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a role similar to the 2017 season — helping in short-yardage situations to spell Howard and contributing a bit as a pass-catcher. His primary role will be on special teams, but he deserves some looks on offense too.

BTW, where the hell is Barnette???
    Last edited by Eagle60; 08-20-2019, 08:25 AM.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Very important year for Clement. Is he a guy who reaches the potential he showed in his rookie year or is he a guy who flashed potential but never grew from that flash -- whatever the reason.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do this year. On a side note, I don't think Boston Scott makes this team but I think a team will pick him up. He reminds me a lot of a young Sproles. Not just his size but some of his moves and his return abilities.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

"BTW, where the hell is Barnette???"

From a PhillyVoice article......

The standouts in OL-DL 1-on-1's were Jason Kelce, Isaac Seumalo, Malik Jackson, and Derek Barnett. Barnett destroyed R.J. Prince (I don't know anything about Prince) on a nasty spin move. Barnett has worked hard on developing inside pass rush moves to complement his dip around the edge, and that inside spin is coming along nicely
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        "BTW, where the hell is Barnette???"

From a PhillyVoice article......

The standouts in OL-DL 1-on-1's were Jason Kelce, Isaac Seumalo, Malik Jackson, and Derek Barnett. Barnett destroyed R.J. Prince (I don't know anything about Prince) on a nasty spin move. Barnett has worked hard on developing inside pass rush moves to complement his dip around the edge, and that inside spin is coming along nicely
        Thanks ND!
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
        X